Followers 0
SageVigiles

Joseph Lambert - East Haven Fire Department

8 posts in this topic

East Haven Firefighter Dies in Crash

WTNH

September 20, 2009

Bob Wilson

East Haven (WTNH) - East Haven First Lieutenant Joseph Lambert died in a crash along I-91 in New Haven. Sunday night, his department, family and friends grieved his loss.

"Very sad, heavy-hearted, Joe was a great friend," said President Neil Florio of Foxon Company No. 3. "I've known him for years, I'm really going to miss him."

Family and firefighters gather at the Foxon Fire Company Number 3 in East Haven. An empty set of boots and bunker pants at the ready; they are not Lamberts' -- his are still in his car -- but they are a reminder of a faithful firefighter that will not be there on the next call.

Lambert was killed in a car accident early Sunday morning on Interstate 91.

New Haven firefighters found his shield in his wallet and called The East Haven Chief. Lambert died in an accident on the highway where he had saved many other lives.

Gotta hand it to New Haven, they treated LT Lambert like one of their own, made the right call to the EHFD Chief.

Rest in Peace Lieutenant Lambert.

Rest in peace, Most sincere condolences to his family and fellow firefighters.

I had the privilege of riding Engine 5 with Joe when I was a member back at EHFD Company 3. He was an excellent firefighter, and just an all around great person. I'll miss you old friend. RIP.

rest in Peace, sir.

rest in Peace, sir.