Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Austin FD's New Engines With New Logos

8 posts in this topic

Austin (TX) Fire Rescue placed the new Engines 9,11,12, and 16 into service today. Engine 45 (a brand new company) willl be going into service soon. All are 2009 Pierce Contenders, and all are the first Austin FD vehicles to sport the new AFD logo (on the front door)

Austin had previously been using the Pierce Quantums. These Engines cost the City considerably less, and still have many and most of the features that the Quantums had (except the enormous interior and pneumatic flip down steps). The Pierce Contender is really a great deal for an Engine.

(Austin is the state capital of Texas, located in the Central Texas hill country......about 3 hours south of Dallas-Fort Worth, 1 hour north of San Antonio, and about 4 hours northwest of Houston). I live in a suburb directly north of Austin.

post-11-1253830256.jpg

post-11-1253830269.jpg

Nice looking rig, very clean looking, Seth do you have the old logo by any chance to post?

Nice looking rig, very clean looking, Seth do you have the old logo by any chance to post?

Here's the OLD logo on Quint 18, a 2008 Pierce Velocity 100' RM

post-11-1253830685.jpg

Thanks Seth, new ones are 100% better.

Seth, nice pics, thanks for sharing! I agree, the Condenders are nice pumpers. They're very simple, yet nicely put together.

Mark, i must say you're 100% right on the new vs. old logo! As the capitol of Tx, AFD should have a nice, classy logo and it seems the new one fits the bill.

Best of luck to AFD on the new engines.

Nice engines and logo. Seth- do you know why they included the registered trademark sign with the logo on the engine? Do other FD's do this? I don't recall seeing this before.

Scott

its tough to tell from the picture, but is the nozzle hooked directly to the discharge on the front bumper? If so do you know why?

its tough to tell from the picture, but is the nozzle hooked directly to the discharge on the front bumper? If so do you know why?

Front ground sweep nozzle.....just kidding!!! I think they put it there so it didn't get lost or misplaced when 12 was switching into their new engine. It will go to a front bumper 1 3/4 line.