Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dc2t

Fire Truck Converted Into Mobile Pizza Kitchen

12 posts in this topic

Mystic CT. Pizza Mobile unit old Pierce with onboard oven

post-64-1254349504.jpg

I saw this somewhere most likley on tv its a pretty cool truck

I saw this earlier this summer while visiting Mystic with my wife. Its actually a really cool truck and a neat idea...great PR! Too bad i didnt have a camera at the ready. Thanks for sharing this picture Chief.

there was an awesome episode on this truck including the making of it on one of the food networks a while back...i believe the owner is affiliated with an FD up that way

It is a Mobile Pizza Unit based in Mystic CT. I first saw this in Newport, Rhode Island's St Patrick's Day Parade.

I tried looking for this unit in July when I was up in Mystic.

Now that would be awesome as a RAC unit.

We had it at the wetdown for New Fairfield Engine 6 and Tanker 5. Pretty cool truck, gotta a photo booth, stereo system and everything. Great business idea on behalf of the guy who bought it.

I have pics of it where it "lives" from last summer

The truck in a Pierce Dash that saw service with the Noank Fire Company in Groton, literally taken out of service last year. I believe it was posted somewhere on here before.

Heard the Pizza has a certain SmokeyFlavoring with a tinge of Diesel added.

Heard the Pizza has a certain SmokeyFlavoring with a tinge of Diesel added.

Far from it. First to have passed the CT health inspector took quite a lot of time. Remember this is the same health inspector's office that won't allow White Castles in CT (hmmmm). When he is cooking the truck has to be stopped and not running, just like any other canteen operation cooking and serving food. Also the exhaust system was updated. All of the cooking is done up on the hose bed area (the old tank was removed and a new floor added in).

I actually tasted it and its not that bad. PS The guy that owns the truck owns a pizzeria that is in competition with "Mystic Pizza".