Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

WWE / WWF - Capt. Lou Albano dies

15 posts in this topic

Thanks IZZY for passing that info on. For me, besides Buffing, I hate to admit it, but I sure looked forward to Saturday mornings and watching Wrestling during Lou Albano's time in the 80s. He was never lost for words. If I was working at the firehouse, things were quiet, and the chores were done, the guys would let me get that TV for one hour a week. They knew how much I loved that Wrestling. Of course, part of it was taking a verbal beating from my Brothers on the job who had as much fun "beating me up" as I had watching the Wrestling on TV. It was also guys like Captain Lou Albano that brought Wrestling into it's "Peak Years". Well Lou, you did your thing. You gave a lot of enjoyment to millions of viewers like me. Thanks Capt Lou, "we loved ya".

Thank you, Mr. Acavano.

Edited by Geppetto

Capt'n Lou was an icon in wrestling for many years and will be missed.

For those that didn't realize it, he lived here in Putnam County NY, Town of Carmel I think?

I used to see him regularly around the area. A very down to earth person..

RIP

Meet him many times when I was driving truck for a living at Ben Franklen store in Carmel He was a funny guy out in the street.

As a kid growing up in Carmel and a huge wrestling fan , I will never forget when Capt. Lou was running the Ugly Bartender Contest to raise money for charity and bringing guys like Andre the Giant to Camel. He was a religous man who loves his faith and his community. He once stopped his car and chased a guy down main st. that was protesting something in front of the church, It was pretty funny. That protester never came back...lol RIP Captain Lou

Thanks guys, these are all great stories. It's really interesting to read that in real life he seemed to be so far different from his Wrestling Character. It's a surprise to me. The stories you guys tell of him are so different from what probadly millions of people would expect.

Never met the man, but met his son - an insurance agent in Mahopac.

Thank you, Mr. Acavano.

no , no , no thank you mr. acavano

.Now i have to find wise guys on dvd or netflix lol

Thank you, Mr. Acavano.

Good to see I'm not the only one who remembers "Frank the fixer"

"Gimme a Balboa and a beer"

RIP Capt Lou

Cogs

Edited by FFPCogs

Thank you, Mr. Acavano.

No Thank Youuuuuuuuu.....Mr. Acavano....Thank You

The "Guiding Light" of professional wrestling. Manager of 16 different World Tag-Team Champion combinations.

Rest in peace, Lou, and thank you for many years of entertainment. You will be missed!