Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Denali Project

43 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I've been a long time member of the forum but I have never been a really active poster until now. I just wanted to share with you guys a rather special project that we were recently asked to undertake, and I thought some of you might be interested. I am working to get some more pictures together, however here is a teaser to hold you over. (I know everyone hates teasers.)

post-16460-1256736771.jpg

Let me know if you guys want some more pics. The spec list on this thing is long.

Edited by meatnpotatoz

I'd be very interested in the specs, and what the rest of the truck looks like

Im interested....what are the specs and what do the other pictures look like?

I apologize for the delay, things have been rather hectic recently. Please excuse the quality of the pictures as it was raining outside. We actually chose to leave the exterior as stock looking as possible. The vehicle is actually a Denali however we replaced the ugly grille and tail lights with those off of the regular Yukon for a more discreet appearence. Spec list and video of the flash patterns coming shortly.

post-16460-125745210391.jpg

post-16460-125745211127.jpg

post-16460-125745211896.jpg

post-16460-125745213038.jpg

post-16460-125745213722.jpg

post-16460-125745214388.jpg

Edited by meatnpotatoz
x635 likes this

Jeez... What is this vehicle used for exactly? Actually looks a bit familiar, could I have seen it running lights/sirens on the hutch a few days ago?

Some Mods Include:

Procharger Supercharger

Headers

Exhaust

Hotchkiss Sway bars

FLIR Infrared night vision camera

Axixtech Xtreme Duel Color LEDs x 16

Hadley Air Horns

Whelen CenCom

Whelen Siren Controller

Rumbler

External loud speaker/PA system

Duel connected batteries

Custom LED light bar (in-grille)

Edited by meatnpotatoz

Jeez... What is this vehicle used for exactly? Actually looks a bit familiar, could I have seen it running lights/sirens on the hutch a few days ago?

Would not prefer to go into details out of respect for the customer, but you very well could of seen it running down the hutch. Not sure though.

I sure hope this isn't a government owned truck with the ridiculousness of equipment.

Certainly puts any chiefs car I have ever seen far and away from being this kind of light show...

Looks great, nice work

I sure hope this isn't a government owned truck with the ridiculousness of equipment.

If you don't know what the use of the vehicle is, then how can you say the equipment is ridiculous? Is there nowhere in government where a vehicle of this nature wouldn't be necessary? Please tell us in your expert opinion.

Think before you speak.

If you don't know what the use of the vehicle is, then how can you say the equipment is ridiculous? Is there nowhere in government where a vehicle of this nature wouldn't be necessary? Please tell us in your expert opinion.

Think before you speak.

Supercharger? Headers? Exhaust? And to top it off, the Denali package?

Maybe for the President. But I don't think any of our local politicians are in need of such a vehicle. Nothing wrong with a base model Tahoe to do the same job.

Edited by RLS1400

The Secretary of State lives in Chappaqua.... Not a local politician any more but rather one of the top government officials who need to be able to move with speed and safety when needed and may have foreign dignataries with her thus the Denali package.

I have no idea what this vehicle is for and neither do you so why make such a pointed statement. For all we know it is personally owned by one of the several surgeons for FDNY who are permitted to outfit their vehicles with such a package. Could also be the POV of a local fire chief. Personally, I don't care what it's used for... It's nasty looking, fast, handles well, and I'm glad that it was shared with us.

Edited by mfc2257

Very nicely thought out package, wouldn't look out of place running around the DC area.

why isnt the lightbar in the grille on in the video?

why isnt the lightbar in the grille on in the video?

BKene,

The lightbar is on in the video. If you look at the first picture I posted of just the grille, you will notice a strip of lights that runs across the entire length of the grille right above the GMC emblem. If you look at the video in the same location you'll notice that the strip of lights is actually on. It was light out so they do not appear to be as bright as they actually are, but I assure you that you don't want to be stuck in front of them when it's dark out. Thanks for the kind words guys.

**I should clarify that the custom LED light bar does not refer to red and blues but instead the row of LED driving lights seen in the first picture.

Edited by meatnpotatoz

Let me see if I get this straight... If this was my truck and I tricked it out this way it would be OK but if it is an official vehicle to be used by emergency responders that would be ridiculous?

Have you looked at most emergency vehicles these days? They're comparably equipped. So the base vehicle is the Denali package, perhaps there's a reason for the power that we don't know about.

Since we don't know who owns or operates it, or why it is equipped as it is, how can we judge the ridiculousness?

Damn, that thing is lit up like a Christmas tree. To the OP... nice job with the work, looks really professional.

Obviously speculation, but I get the distinct feeling this vehicle belongs to one of those guys who is fire commissioner, police commissioner, first selectman, blah blah blah, who basically has enough money to buy a Denali and turn it over to someone to have a ridiculous light package installed so that he can race around to his meetings with lights and sirens on. If this were a government vehicle, I seriously doubt a local guy would be doing the install and posting about it on EMT Bravo! I could be wrong, but we all know those guys exist...

Many VIP vehicles are commonly equipped or upgraded to "go fast" for a reason.........to escape a dangerous situation or attack.

The Denali is commonly used for VIP vehicles.

Damn, that thing is lit up like a Christmas tree. To the OP... nice job with the work, looks really professional.

Obviously speculation, but I get the distinct feeling this vehicle belongs to one of those guys who is fire commissioner, police commissioner, first selectman, blah blah blah, who basically has enough money to buy a Denali and turn it over to someone to have a ridiculous light package installed so that he can race around to his meetings with lights and sirens on. If this were a government vehicle, I seriously doubt a local guy would be doing the install and posting about it on EMT Bravo! I could be wrong, but we all know those guys exist...

I would love to give you guys more details but unfortunately I cannot/will not due to client confidentiality. There are actually some more toys which I haven't mentioned. I am not sure what you mean by such a ridiculous light package. I have seen many SUVs on this board with just as many lights of not more. For this current set up we are running Axixtech LEDs versus the Whelens that were previously on the car. And in my opinion, after seeing both, the Axixtechs are simply brighter and better made.

Again thanks for the kind word guys.

Edited by meatnpotatoz

meatnpotatoz,

AWESOME work, and I appreciate you sharing it with us here on EMTBravo!!!

Seth

Yeah no offense intended... clearly professional work, and it looks friggin awesome. By "ridiculous" I meant in the sense that it's quite good. Also I get the confidentiality thing, but it's fair to speculate (and I don't expect you to confirm or deny) that it's not a government vehicle, probably some VIP thing like above posted, or else a "I'm a rich guy who 'earned' police commissioner" car. Either way that thing cost some serious $$!

did you guys put that night vision cam in or did it come with it?

did you guys put that night vision cam in or did it come with it?

FLIR night vision was installed by us.

I like it and if the vehicle is owned by a politician, can I run for their office? cool.gif I think it was a nice job and thanks for sharing!

Those are some unique looking antennas along the roof of the vehicle. An interesting ride, for sure.

maybe this is a stupid question but what is the point of the white light bar in the front of the car? Unless there is something I am missing.

maybe this is a stupid question but what is the point of the white light bar in the front of the car? Unless there is something I am missing.

I know of a vehicle that has that same setup of white lights in the grill and is use for two purposes :

1. Additional visibility

2. Blind suspects approaching to the front of the vehicle.

that is one sick looking Denali!

.....I gotta get me one of those!

What LED package did you go with?