Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Dover Mobile Home Fire: Dover Station #2 Area

19 posts in this topic

Dover Stations 1 and 2 with assistance at the scene from Pawling with 54-31 of a mobile home fire in the Dover Station #2 Area, all the pictures are after the fire was pretty much out and overhaul was under way as I assisted on interior and SCBA ops.

post-16297-125745116502.jpg

post-16297-125745117775.jpg

post-16297-125745122003.jpg

post-16297-125745123774.jpg

post-16297-125745124729.jpg

post-16297-125745126061.jpg

post-16297-125745127269.jpg

post-16297-125745128497.jpg

A few more

post-16297-125745145415.jpg

post-16297-125745146371.jpg

post-16297-125745147116.jpg

post-16297-125745148353.jpg

post-16297-125745149095.jpg

post-16297-125745149802.jpg

post-16297-125745150546.jpg

post-16297-125745151219.jpg

Their was a FIRE!!!!! Great shots!!!!!

Thomas

Saw the smoke.....had the baby, the trailer, and the quad....NO WAY was I going down that road and have to BACK OUT! LOL!

Excellent stop!

EMTbravo likes this

Saw the smoke.....had the baby, the trailer, and the quad....NO WAY was I going down that road and have to BACK OUT! LOL!

Excellent stop!

great shots!!!!! and a great stop.......way to go JHK!!!!

Nice shots. Anyone know the cause of the fire? Was the trailer occupied? I take it this was an exterior job from the start?

Nice shots. Anyone know the cause of the fire? Was the trailer occupied? I take it this was an exterior job from the start?

The cause was determined however I am not at liberty to provide that information, the mobile home was not occupied however it was reported that the occupant may still be inside so an agressive attack and search was conducted by the first due teams, it was later determined that the occupant was not at home.

nice pic of the county connection

Great Job by all that were on scene, Great mutal aid.... Thanks Rich

How was this a "stop" place looks ruined to me. You can rarely save a trailer. Not knocking the dept , just asking

How was this a "stop" place looks ruined to me. You can rarely save a trailer. Not knocking the dept , just asking

Alot of the exterior wall covering (aluminum) you see where removed to overhaul as there was alot of contents inside, as you can see most the 2 x4 walls are not charred from the middle of the unit to the South end, with the amount of fire upon arrival the attack crew got it knocked down very quickly.

I was thinking the same thing. How is this a good stop? Its gone!

Ok, so what was the roof/ ceiling made of ??? It looks just like a metal roof is left ?

I was thinking the same thing. How is this a good stop? Its gone!

True...it is unihabitable, but alarge portion of the "structure" is still standing and intact...Most trailer fires reult in an update over the radio of "on the ground"......

Also keep in mind this is a rural area of a volunteer district, mid-morning on a weekday.

Ok, so what was the roof/ ceiling made of ??? It looks just like a metal roof is left ?

Pretty much what it is......whioch is also one of the dangers associated with interior attacks in trailers...the metal can collapse, trapping members under one large sheet...

Unless the fire breaks out IFO a Dover engine, they're not going to get ahead of a trailer fire. I went to school in Plattsburgh and got to do some drills with the city firefighters. Rescue involved going through the wall because trailer fires only stop when the trailer ends.

Not to nitpick, but if there's nothing left other than structural members, its not a good stop. I have yet to see a trailer fire that resulted in a stop.

Edited by ny10570

I have seen a stop of a trailer fire in Millerton, they used CAFS and contained the fire to the room of origin. 51pride might have photos of this fire

Unless the fire breaks out IFO a *Dover* engine, they're not going to get ahead of a trailer fire.

That statement can apply to virtually ANY fire department, *insert name*, anywhere, paid or otherwise.

True, the majority of Mobile Home fires result in a smoldering pile of ashes, with very little if any content worthwhile left to salvage. It gets so hot so fast inside one of these that there is usually nothing left, pretty quickly.

One more reason to mention: working smoke detectors save lives!

Absolutely. This isn't a knock against Dover. These things are cheap structures with zero thought towards fire protection.

I have seen a stop of a trailer fire in Millerton, they used CAFS and contained the fire to the room of origin. 51pride might have photos of this fire

I do not but I believe Ed Harvey from Fire Service Photography came down for it - I wasn't there for it but I think this is the fire you are referring to?

http://www.fireservi...10_2007/101707/

I was at school that day - but also a daytime run. Gotta love foam! But I gotta agree 9 outta 10 it's a loss from the start.

Edited by FiftyOnePride