Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadnorCo15

Radnor Rescue 15 Discussion/Questions/Comments

8 posts in this topic

2004 Seagrave Heavy Rescue replaces a 1992 Volvo FE/E-One Rescue. Delivered 1/28/05 to RFC by Wolfington/Rescue1 in Manasquan, NJ. Features: eight person climate controlled cab, 15" raised roof, ISL 400HP Cummins engine coupled with an Allison EVS 3000 5-speed transmission. The rescue box is 20 feet in length and features a 35KW Onan PTO generator with a Will Burt 15' 6000 watt light tower. The truck has 6 Hurst tools, 2 complete sets of Hurst rams, high rise jacks, high and low pressure air bags., Haz Mat basic pigs and blankets, QRS compliant equipment, a refrigerator for cooling water for fire fighter replenishment/rehab, an 8000 lb portable winch with receivers on all four sides of the truck.

Click Here For Photos

Radnor Fire Company...home of the first motorized pump in the U.S.

Major highways in the area?? Heavily trafficked Railways or something?? You want to put all your toys in one toybox?? I'm kind of curious as to why, as well.

Side note, lose the roto-ray!!! :)

Why do you have 6 Hurst tools?

I don't think by saying "Hurst Tool" that he meant it in the traditonal sense. I think the 6 represents the components, like large Spreaders, small spreaders, cutters, ram, combi tool etc.

BTW, the rig is HOT! I can't wait to get some pics of my own of it!

It would look even better though if it said "BHFD" and "Rescue 10" on it.

Heres the breakdown: 3 Hurst Combo-tools- 1 each left/right side & 1 front bumper mounted. 2 sets cutters, 1 set 32" spreaders. 2 full sets hurst rams. We also run a 2003 Seagrave "Squad" engine with Hurst tools & various first responder rescue equipment. We service Interstate 476, routes 30 & 320, and 2 rail lines. As for the roto-ray...I don't care for it, I think it was part a nostalgic piece since its on our recently restored 1954 Mack B75. And yes this piece would fit right in at Bedford Hills between 57 & the tanker!

I like it looks well thought out and set up. The roto-ray's are making their way north too Haworth N.J. has bergen county's first on their Seagrave Mean stick

VERY nice looking rig. Good luck with it, and may it serve you well for many years to come.