Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bnechis

"Top" Secret Spy Shots - NRFD Rescue 4

68 posts in this topic

With the budget situation in New Rochelle, Is there any manpower to staff it ???? Or is TL-11 crew manning it on a 'as needed basis' ????

With the budget situation in New Rochelle, Is there any manpower to staff it ???? Or is TL-11 crew manning it on a 'as needed basis' ????

Currently we will be "as needed". We are looking at other options. The plan as of last spring was to man it, amazing how quick that changed.

Currently we will be "as needed". We are looking at other options. The plan as of last spring was to man it, amazing how quick that changed.

when do you guys roll it??? ive seen a few structure fire calls incident reports and no mention of the rescue.

Beautiful rig. Well done. The compartment space looks great and I love the zodiac up in the top of the rig. Can the crane do more than just lift the boat out of the top? I would imagine so, but was the lifting of the boat the only intent?

when do you guys roll it??? ive seen a few structure fire calls incident reports and no mention of the rescue.

It is usually a 2nd piece to TL-11 so it goes on rescue calls with the towers crew. most structure calls it nly rolls if we have more personnel onduty than our minimum manning.

Beautiful rig. Well done. The compartment space looks great and I love the zodiac up in the top of the rig. Can the crane do more than just lift the boat out of the top? I would imagine so, but was the lifting of the boat the only intent?

Thanks

The crane was speced to allow a minimum of NFPA 1983 2 man load as a gin pole. Infact we assisted DPW on Thursday by lowering 2 of there guys into an underground pipe.

We needed the abbility of moving personnel (using rope, not the cranes power) to get members down to the boat when its lowered over a seawall. We also carry (on the roof) a Supervac 30" gas PPV fan (168 pounds). and 2) 810gpm hydraulic submersable trash pumps (68 pounds each).

Edited by Bnechis
x635 likes this

Beautiful rig. Well done.

Agreed. Captain Nechis you and the brothers at NRFD have done amazing work with the WSOTF. And now, you have once again outdone yourselves with this rig. Best of luck and safe responding to all privileged to be a part of this company!

Infact we assisted DPW on Thursday by lowering 2 of there guys into an underground pipe.

post-4072-126426753727.jpg

post-4072-126426766494.jpg

whats going to happen with the old rescue? is that going to be the collapse unit or its going to be retired?

efdcapt115 likes this

whats going to happen with the old rescue? is that going to be the collapse unit or its going to be retired?

Collapse (R-54). Old R-54 to be retired

Looks very nice, I hope to see it on North Ave soon.

Nice Rescue New Rochelle you guys did a great job. Maybe Stamford could buy your old one.

I think i can arrange for you to get a ride on it when it gets delivered, "Your Kookiness"!

That is awesome. I had a toy rescue truck like this one with a crane for the boat and stoakes basket. Nice to see one on a real fire truck.

Hey Barry, York Twp. PA's crane is bigger than yours!!!!!!!!

post-1341-126446994693.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

And like you a lot older and broken down....lol

Some day you will learn

And like you a lot older and broken down....lol

Some day you will learn

A classic !!!!!

They don't make them like they use to !!!!

I heard they used the crane to lower that old Ford into it's final resting place...

post-4072-126450460422.jpg

Cab storage includes: EMS equipment, Rescue Helmets and nomex jump suits, detectors and 2 transits. 4 radios, Laptop with internet and reference manuals. The command desk slides back to use while seated.

post-4072-126450467764.jpg

Rear seating, storage shelf has 12v & 120v for battery chargers

post-4072-126450472259.jpg

Officers area: V-Mux vehicle computer and Response Laptop.

post-4072-126450476821.jpg

Rear cab compartments: both sides, hooks, irons, hydra ram etc.

post-4072-126450485154.jpg

Bumper has Holmotro Spreader & cutter and 2 glass masters

post-4072-126450560077.jpg

S-1 Controls for Light Tower, Awning, Low and high volume air and heavy hydraulics.

2 Grip Hoists, cones, drivers SCBA, 2 extingushers, assorted power tools and tool boxes.

post-4072-126450605269.jpg

S-2 Chains & heavy rigging, Water Rescue (cold water suits, PFD's, water rope) Tripod & haulsafe, line gun, transit bases, stokes, 4 backboards

post-4072-126450610306.jpg

post-4072-126450616093.jpg

S-3 Large Hi Pressure Airbags, hoses, 2) 1 hr SCBAs and regulators and 4" trash pump hose

Low (40cfm) & High (185cfm) volume air reels

post-4072-12645064095.jpg

S-4 Air Shores, electric reel, heavy hydraulic reel and tarps

post-4072-126450969167.jpg

post-4072-126450972448.jpg

post-4072-126450976258.jpg

S-5 Little Giant Ladder, CO2 Tanks & regulator, Hand Tools, Oxyacetalene Torch, Vehicle Jacks, Absorbent Hopper

post-4072-126450998678.jpg

Rear - Spreader, cutter, combi tool, 3 rams, gas power unit, air power unit, 4 hoses, break pedal cutter, small step ladders, 2 glass masters. 3 Holmotro reels and 1 electric reel

post-4072-12645102373.jpg

2 Tripod lights, backstop (should be on every vehicle)

Barry - Good Luck to you and the NRFD on your New Rescue 4. Very well laid out and planned. How do the personnel who are assigned to it (Members of Ladder 11) like the new rig? How do they like the Spartan Cab?

How will the new rescue be manned when it is in service for that day and/or tour? For example, 1 ff/1 officer. 2 ff. 2 ff/1 officer. 3 ff/1 officer, etc.

Looks very nice, I hope to see it on North Ave soon.

Yes, it was on North Avenue yesterday evening responding for a call on Eastchester Road.

How will the new rescue be manned when it is in service for that day and/or tour? For example, 1 ff/1 officer. 2 ff. 2 ff/1 officer. 3 ff/1 officer, etc.

It is up to the deputy chief on that day

Barry - Good Luck to you and the NRFD on your New Rescue 4. Very well laid out and planned. How do the personnel who are assigned to it (Members of Ladder 11) like the new rig? How do they like the Spartan Cab?

Thanks, Just getting use to it, so its a little to soon to tell, but TL & E21, 23 are also spartans, so that should not be an issue

It is up to the deputy chief on that day

Does the DC make the decision when they hire OT for a storm? When u due hire memebers for OT to manned the rescue u would like atleast 3 memebers on the rig , rather it 1off./2ff or 3ff.

Does the DC make the decision when they hire OT for a storm? When u due hire memebers for OT to manned the rescue u would like atleast 3 memebers on the rig , rather it 1off./2ff or 3ff.

They don't hire for OT bro, they call members in. If your opinion is the Rescue should be staffed with 3 members, I'd say optimally the rig should roll, 1 officer and 4 firefighters.

They don't hire for OT bro, they call members in. If your opinion is the Rescue should be staffed with 3 members, I'd say optimally the rig should roll, 1 officer and 4 firefighters.

That should be the VERY least Capt. This is not only my opinion but others too. AND trained! not just the first few to report for a callback.

Since the new rig been in service and responding to calls. I notice only 2 memebers roll on out to a call, rather it was 2ff or 1off./1ff. I understand what u are saying. What I am trying to stay is when the rig is in service it will roll with a min. of 2 members and max of 4 memebers and never a 5th memebers. And sholud it have an officer or just firefighters.

What I am trying to stay is when the rig is in service it will roll with a min. of 2 members and max of 4 memebers and never a 5th memebers. And sholud it have an officer or just firefighters.

It will not go into service with less than 2 members or more than 5 (it seats 5).