Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Who's the Best Cell Phone Service Provider?

How do you think is the best cell phone service provider?   80 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best coverage/service/prices?

• AT&T
    • Cellular One
    • Sprint
    • T-Mobile
    • Verizon
    • Other (please explain in a post)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

Just wondering who, in your experience, is the best cell phone provider in our area. Consider service coverage and service costs in your answer.

As far as service, Verizon is probably the best, followed closely by T-Mobile; I'm not a fan of the service provided by S**t/Nextel or AT&T. As far as customer service, T-Mobile has Verizon and the others beat.

This is a no brainer. No one has fewer dropped calls and a wider coverage area than Verizon.

As far as network size and capacity:

1 - Verizon

2 - AT&T

3 - Sprint NEXTEL

4 - TMobile

5 - Alltell

Handset choice will differ, but AT&T typically has a large selection of smart phones given they run a GSM network. However, in recent months Verizon has been pumping out some exciting handsets.

Verizon is the best cell phone provider hands down!

This is a no brainer. No one has fewer dropped calls and a wider coverage area than Verizon.

Ditto.

However, I can't wait till they turn the cell site on at the HRP and Weaver St. Still getting dropped calls between Weaver and mamaroneck Ave.

I couldn't agree more with everyone's posts here. I have never been more pleased with a cell provider than when I went over to Verizon!

Excellent service with AT&T - Not one dropped call and great customer service with almost no wait. AT&T is GSM so I don't need that world phone crock. Unlocked my phone for free. Going on the second year with them. I was a Sprint customer for a few years untill they ticked me off. AT&T paid my ETF. - BB Curve

In my opinion Verizon is the better of the services as far as coverage.

When I'm at work (in the bowels of Grand Central Terminal) I have little problem with getting a signal while co-workers of mine who have T-Mobile and AT&T do not get a signal.

Verizon has the best service in the area I just wish they could master the ptt/walkie talkie like nextel. That would put them way over the top.

Chris

Verizon is great from what everyone I know says. I have AT&T and have very few problems.

Around here, AT&T- and they have great coverage. I dumped Nextel because of the absoletly horrible customer service and totally apathetic attitude. Although I miss the direct connect feature, AT&T's customer service is great and that is a major factor for me.

As mentioned, I wish the whole direct connect was universal with all the providers.

Around here, AT&T- and they have great coverage. I dumped Nextel because of the absoletly horrible customer service and totally apathetic attitude. Although I miss the direct connect feature, AT&T's customer service is great and that is a major factor for me.

As mentioned, I wish the whole direct connect was universal with all the providers.

AT&T has Push to talk as a feature on many of there phones, mine has it.

Verizon has the best service in the area I just wish they could master the ptt/walkie talkie like nextel. That would put them way over the top.

Chris

Verizon came out with that option and had it for very select phones. there problem was they put them on cheap crappy phones that no one wanted. if it happened to be an option put on all phones im sure it would be a success. i do miss my direct connect for sure but my service was absolutely terrible so it had to go. I got an iphone and the service is relatively good where i cant complain and i love all the features it has possible for it. Havent had a problem yet.

Everyone thinks I'm nuts when I say I love my sprint/nextel service. If and when i have a problem which is few and far between, they are always good to me. When i still had a conventional nextel phone the service coverage left a little to be desired, but when i upgraded to my blackberry 8350i the coverage quality increased by leaps and bounds. probably has something to do with being a sprint/nextel "hybrid" using tech from both providers, or however it works. And I've never seen a bill a dime over 60 bucks, 49.99 plus tax, etc. ( i could just be one of the lucky ones who never goes over minutes) as compared to some people who have verizon complaining about bills well over $100... So my 2 pesos, I'll stick with sprint!

Edited by EFFP411

Well, for a plain Jane like me, I am retired and have a Boost Mobile pay as you go.

I've never had any problems with the phone or service. No contract, no bills, just "pay as you go." I've used it out of state as far as six hours away, with no problems. Nothing fancy, no whistles or bells, but good to travel with and easy to re-up for more time.

Of course, I am just an old tuna, in a sea of big fish LOL.

Edited by tunaFish

My sister using the Nokia mobile...she unlocked her mobile here http://www.prounlocking.com/unlock-your-phone/rs8wp2/ It provides unlock code and instructions...By using this you can unlock successfully...Now i want secret code for my mobile....

Edited by jeeva

My sister using the Nokia mobile...she unlocked her mobile here http://www.prounlocking.com/unlock-your-phone/rs8wp2/ It provides unlock code and instructions...By using this you can unlock successfully...Now i want secret code for my mobile....

OK, I am old school....... What is an Unlock Code used for ? (and don't say unlocking)