Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R1SmokeEater

New FDNY Battalions

16 posts in this topic

Interesting....

The pull out shelving looks nice. At least there will be space more easily organized by the chief's aid. Why a pick-up? I know the Excursion is no longer available, by what about the Suburban? Anyone know the details of the why the choice was made?

I remember reading that they went with the pickups because there's was a diesel engine option.

Interesting....

The pull out shelving looks nice. At least there will be space more easily organized by the chief's aid. Why a pick-up? I know the Excursion is no longer available, by what about the Suburban? Anyone know the details of the why the choice was made?

They wanted diesel trucks, there aren't any more diesel SUVs available.

so will ALL battalions and SOC Vehs be going to these pick ups?

Pickups are not too expensive. The Battalions carry so much more than they did 10 years ago. There are some places where these may not fit according to the shops.

Im assuming this is gonna be a ems boss's truck from the star of life decals. I know the regular fire battaions dont have the star of life on them.

Im assuming this is gonna be a ems boss's truck from the star of life decals. I know the regular fire battaions dont have the star of life on them.

Yes on the one on the vid, an EMS "Conditions" Car.

Yes on the one on the vid, an EMS "Conditions" Car.

Looks like a nice truck. Dose the FDNY really need something like that. The driver seams to like that siren :rolleyes:

Looks like a nice truck. Dose the FDNY really need something like that. The driver seams to like that siren :rolleyes:

Yes, a truck like that is needed for the battalions. The chief and his driver ride in front and they usually stow their bunker gear in the back. The storage area has to hold a mask for both of them as well as lights and small equiptment (saw blades, spare SCBA, meters, ect) that they drop off to each company in the battalion. Items that come from MSU or the Tool Room are delivered to each battalion and they distribute them to each company.

As for EMS, I don't know.

Edited by M' Ave

All the ems contitions cars I rode in when I worked there were packed full of equipment. Tech bags,02 bags,backboard,KED,AED,turnouts,etc. I think they also need the storage space.

Nice looking trucks. Too many pointless lights for my taste. Also why is the siren mounted up top? Not very safe.

EMS and fire are getting the same vehicles minus a few differences in decals and allegedly the equipment tray fire is getting is a bit different as well.

Pickups were the only Diesel that fit the depts requirements.

Siren went up top allegedly because there was no accessible space for it on the console with the MDT and radios. They have no problem putting it up there because if you follow the EVOC way of driving you turn the siren on and unless stuck behind stopped or slow traffic the siren is switched between wail and yelp with a push of the horn.

Nice looking trucks. Too many pointless lights for my taste. Also why is the siren mounted up top? Not very safe.

I'm not sure what you mean by pointless lights...this seems pretty modest compared to some vollie battle wagons i've seen...

Edited by Goose

Anyone know how many were ordered? There were alot on the lot.