Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

New Engine 58 Port Chester

10 posts in this topic

After a 3 year wait the contract was signed today for a new Pierce Arrow XT PUC 1500 GPM / 750 GAL / 30 GAL Foam Engine to replace a well worn 1988 Gruman Firecat. The way Engine 58 operates the PUC is a perfect fit. It will have two trash lines in the front urbin bumper and a rear attack line off the hose bed. The crosslays are at 43in off the ground and a first for the PUC will be mounted in 3/4 side out trays to aid in repacking. It has a remote deck gun and foam to the trash lines { front bumper] deck gun, crosslays and rear attack line. Roll up doors [ unpainted] all the way around and a soild red paint job. I want to thank my truck com. for a fine job and a lot of hard work over the last few years. This will be he first PUC in lower Hudson valley and Westchester county.

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Great to hear, you guys deserve a decent rig. Now what to do about that other rig at the top of the hill, 59 was it?

Besides some anchient lighting,(it really needs some led bars) its in great shape. The guys take care of it.

Photo TR54 . The current 1988 Grumman Firecat as seen in March 1993 at a working fire in PC.

Congrats to Ang , & the members of the committee designing the Pierce PUC.

post-23-126159996154.jpg

What are the plans for the current engine after replacement? Would it be worth keeping it as a spare engine for the fleet?

JBJ

A spare would be nice, but the powers to be will not go for it and all the firehouses are full. It could be used until a major brake down and then get rid of it, will see.

I'll miss the sound of that smokey old 2-cycle Detroit Diesel screaming up South Main St.