Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

Top 10 Westchester 2009 Discussion Thread

17 posts in this topic

It is the time of the year that EMTBravo Moderators do Their Top Ten for the different Locations. I am just wondering if anyone has some input on them or suggestions. This is for all areas please not just one area. For Starters Dutchess County - East Fishkill for the Fishkill Farms Fire or The Bronx resent 5th Alarm Fire.

So anyone??? I cant wait to see the final Top Ten's.

Thomas

Top 10 of 2009 and Top 20 of 2000's both complete and set for New Year's Day.

It is the time of the year that EMTBravo Moderators DO Thier Top Ten for the different Locations. I am just woundering if anyone has some input on them or suggestions. This is for all areas please not just one area. For Starters Dutchess County - East Fishkill for the Fishkill Farms Fire or The Bronx resent 5 th Alarm Fire. So anyone??? I cant wait to see the final Top Ten's.

Thomas

Weehawkin, NJ or Manhattan.....US Air 1549 in the Hudson River.

As bad of an accident that was (The Tragic Taconic Crash), I would say (and with much remorse and sadness) that the Tragic Death of FF Joyce at the Yonkers Arson Fire would be # 1 for 2009 (Although placing a ranking on FF Joyce's death just doesn't seem right). When a fire causes the life of anyone, especially a firefighter, that is truly tragic, especially when it was totally unnecessary. Everyone's prayers for the Joyce family should go out to them this holiday season.

#1 for Westchester has to be the Taconic Crash

I nominate Croton Falls for preserving our history with the restoration of the Ward LaFrance.

Will the 2009 Ranked Top Incidents - Year in Review be posted on EMTBravo.net right after midnight tonight or will it be on here tomorrow morning. I thought that I had read that Truck4 was in charge of this and had everything all ready to go. 2009 has been a really sad year in the Tri-State Area, especially in Westchester County, with the horrible Taconic Parkway Crash to the worst tragedy of them all, the loss of FF Joyce in that Arson Fire in Yonkers. May 2010 be a safe one for all and may god look down upon us all so that the 2010 Incidents Year in Review are just very minor ones to report.

Stay Safe Everyone and Happy New Year To ALL !!!

Well said. 2009 Review will be tomorrow, not sure exactly when.

The Dutchess County Top 10 will be available by the end of the first week, early second week of January.

I would think that Mohegan's former Curry Ford dealership fire in June would be on the list somewhere since it was one of our biggest in recent years

Thanks Truck 4 for all of your help in assembling the 2009 Listing. Let's hope tonight is a Safe & Peaceful Evening for all

Truck 4 - Will today's 2009 Incidents be broken down by County or will it be based from a total combination of all of the areas to which EMTBravo.net covers?

Same as always as far as I know.

Thomas

SUPER JOB AND AS IT RELATES TO THE 2 THAT WERE HIGHLIGHTED TOWARDS THE END OF THE POST, I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER, BOTH INCIDENTS WERE TRAGIC AND VERY VERY SAD. YOUR POINT MADE TOWARDS OUR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS LOOKING AT CUTTING SERVICES, AT THE EXPENSE OF LIVES AND PROPERTY LOST IS A VERY SAD STATEMENT INDEED. MAYBE OUR POLITICIANS SHOULD LOOK INSIDE THEMSELVES FOR WASTE IN GOVERNMENT (Like the Incrediable Amount of "Unneccesary" Official Cars used as Personal Cars, etc) AS COST SAVING MEASURES, RATHER THAN LAYING OFF FIREFIGHTERS, EMS, and POLICE, when they are SO NEEDED.

Excellent Job, Mike!