Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Rombout 62-55 spy shots 12/28/09

34 posts in this topic

Rombout recieved a new rescue today, 2009 Custom Heavy Rescue featuring a Sutphen chassis and Rescue 1 body

post-3712-12620437223.jpg

post-3712-12620437611.jpg

post-3712-126204384453.jpg

post-3712-12620438765.jpg

post-3712-12620438765.jpg

post-3712-126204395111.jpg

post-3712-12620440199.jpg

post-3712-126204407352.jpg

post-3712-126204411896.jpg

x635 likes this

Very nice rig. Best of luck with it.

Just curious as to why they chose Rescue1 instead of Sutphen's own rescue body? Interesting combination there.

Once things warm up a bit, I'd like to come up and shoot it.

Where is the RED??? LOLOL...Great Rescue Boys and Girls. Good Luck!!!

Thomas

I saw this on the way back to the station at work today! I didn't get a good look at it, thought it was Hughsonville's rescue... but couldn't figure out why it would have been on 52 headed towards Beacon LOL. Very nice rig, can't wait to see it in action

Edited by EFFP411

I saw this on the way back to the station at work today! I didn't get a good look at it, thought it was Hughsonville's rescue... but couldn't figure out why it would have been on 52 headed towards Beacon LOL. Very nice rig, can't wait to see it in action

EFFD dosent check for Color Blindness in annual physical?

Only a curbside door for the rear passengers?

Command Center in cab takes up the Drivers side, hence no door. More photos are posted on our web site. Hopefully over the next few days I'll get some compartment shots of all of the mounting. Rescue 1 does a great job in mounting and design. The Rescue Committee did an excellent Job in working with Rescue 1 to get everything mounted and use as little space as possible.

Rombout WebSite

Awesome looking rig. I like the stairs up to the top of the truck. Is this rescue also used for F.A.S.T.?

Rombout doesn't run FASTeam as far as I know...Hughsonville goes to them as a FAST Team and Village of Fishkill and East Fishkill have FASTeams, but as for Southern Dutchess that is it as far as I know.

Thomas

Only a curbside door for the rear passengers?

I have never been a fan of this concept. I have always had a concern that god forbid someone blow an intersection as the rig is passing and they pin the crew door closed it would not be an easy exit.

Wow, i must say this is a sweet looking rig.

Command Center in cab takes up the Drivers side, hence no door. More photos are posted on our web site. Hopefully over the next few days I'll get some compartment shots of all of the mounting. Rescue 1 does a great job in mounting and design. The Rescue Committee did an excellent Job in working with Rescue 1 to get everything mounted and use as little space as possible.

Rombout WebSite

Thank yo for the information on that. I really didin't look fully at all the pics, I only saw the door "missing" on the left side! :D

EFFD dosent check for Color Blindness in annual physical?

It was dark out, and I made the assumption based on the size and the split arrow stick thing on the back, that is also on Hughsonville's rescue, lol

It was dark out, and I made the assumption based on the size and the split arrow stick thing on the back, that is also on Hughsonville's rescue, lol

LOL

Wait, Rescue 1 can build on a Sutphen chasis as well?

I believe this is a first for them. If you look at our fleet, this is our fifth Sutphen with four in service.

Update to post:

Website updated with shots of compartments.

Direct Link: romboutfire.com/20091229

Edited by jfmuller

71 and I had a chance to see this rescue first hand today thanks to 62-2 and soon to be 62-4. Very nice apparatus! Great job to those who were on the committee. Best of of luck to our brothers to the north with your new 62-55 k.

looks sweet cant wait to see it in person!!!! quick question tho why the on board cascade system??? are there any departments that have cascade trucks just for the purpose of refilling packs??

looks sweet cant wait to see it in person!!!! quick question tho why the on board cascade system??? are there any departments that have cascade trucks just for the purpose of refilling packs??

No cascade only trucks around here, maybe up in Roosevelt

I believe that the only vehicle-specific cascade system around Dutchess is Nichols Oxygen, who has their truck that goes around filling other systems.

Any rig with a portable cascade in Dutchess is usually a multi-role vehicle.

Off the top of my head, I know of only a few such vehicles (although I know there are more)::

Roosevelt

East Fishkill

Rombout

Hughsonville

City of Beacon

Roosevelt acquired a new (to them) 'Air Lite' truck, within the last year or so (if anyone cares to clarify).

732_AirTruck.jpg

Where is the RED??? LOLOL...Great Rescue Boys and Girls. Good Luck!!!

Thomas

If they ever have us over for a stand by again we could wrap it red again like the engine

If they ever have us over for a stand by again we could wrap it red again like the engine

That was priceless, I almost fell out my chair when I saw that picture! :lol:

You can when you have the same salesman for both companies sell you the rig !!

I believe that the only vehicle-specific cascade system around Dutchess is Nichols Oxygen, who has their truck that goes around filling other systems.

Any rig with a portable cascade in Dutchess is usually a multi-role vehicle.

Off the top of my head, I know of only a few such vehicles (although I know there are more)::

Roosevelt

East Fishkill

Rombout

Hughsonville

City of Beacon

Roosevelt acquired a new (to them) 'Air Lite' truck, within the last year or so (if anyone cares to clarify).

Ex-Danbury FD Squad 7

Village of Fishkill also has one

Ex-Danbury FD Squad 7

Village of Fishkill also has one

We have a mobile cascade here in Union Vale as well, it's on our 67-51.

You can when you have the same salesman for both companies sell you the rig !!

Seth,

RESCUE 1 is a division on PL Custom. Just like PL can build an ambulance on any chassis i.e. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, International, Freightliner.........RESCUE 1 can build on any chassis.

I am not a big Sutphen fan after having one of there engines at my FD that was the biggest piece of **** ever made. Glad to see that its only their cab and chassis that is being used for this build. The RESCUE 1 part of the rescue will be of nice quality since RESCUE 1 is one of the best out there as far as I am concerned.

Doug

JetPhoto,

THANK YOU for posting the photos.

It looks very nice!

Good Luck to Rombout FD!