Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

Dutchess Top 10 of the Decade

21 posts in this topic

Please feel free to submit your ideas for the Top 10 Dutchess County Incidents of the past Decade!

These do not necessarily need an Incident alert to be considered, as not every incident has an IA!

Please feel free to submit your ideas for the Top 10 Dutchess County Incidents of the past Decade!

These do not necessarily need an Incident alert to be considered, as not every incident has an IA!

Fairview - Hudson Valley Psych Center Fire

Millbrook - Hitchcock Estate Fire

Poughkeepsie's multi-fatal "Taylor Avenue" fire is in there too...

The 5 fatal Morey homicide and Fire in Fishkill on 1/19/07

Edited by 64FFMJK

The 5 fatal Morey homicide and Fire in Fishkill on 1/19/07

Definite

Definite

That one I already posted in the EMTBravo Development forum, and I wholeheartedly agree.

1/1/2001 Mr. Rizley

Edited by x129K

Taylor Avenue was chaotic to say the very least. First engine in with people trapped, jumping out of windows, and 500 gallons of water for an attack (oh and frozen hydrants). CC 15 called for 10 tankers, LDH up the streets from what seemed like every direction, and brutally cold. A tanker shuttle was set up with porta-tanks. It was a very long day with multiple fatalities. Exposures were a major problem as the houses were so close together. Was on the cover of I believe firehouse magazine and in the papers for weeks.

The Morey fire was such a terrible tragedy. Enough said there.

Sedgwick (Spelling) Machine was a good one, (2000?) there was 4 or 5 base pumpers (by the love / effron tanks) drafting out of the hudson feeding LDH and deck guns everywhere.

There are alot of fires that can make this list.

Taylor Avenue was chaotic to say the very least. First engine in with people trapped, jumping out of windows, and 500 gallons of water for an attack (oh and frozen hydrants). CC 15 called for 10 tankers, LDH up the streets from what seemed like every direction, and brutally cold. A tanker shuttle was set up with porta-tanks. It was a very long day with multiple fatalities. Exposures were a major problem as the houses were so close together. Was on the cover of I believe firehouse magazine and in the papers for weeks.

The Morey fire was such a terrible tragedy. Enough said there.

Sedgwick (Spelling) Machine was a good one, (2000?) there was 4 or 5 base pumpers (by the love / effron tanks) drafting out of the hudson feeding LDH and deck guns everywhere.

There are alot of fires that can make this list.

Fire Engineering; March 2001

when was the taylor ave fire in poughkeepsie?

January 1,2001 @ approx.0530 Hrs.

Fishkill Farms Fire; Poughkeepsie Parking Garage Collapse; Summerlin Plaza Collapse; Villiage of Wappingers Warehouse Fire 2004; Pawling Fire The 90,000 Square Foot House Earlier 2009; City Of Poughkeepsie Fuel Tank Fire; City Of Poughkeepsie Church Fire; Rombout Multi Agency Brush Fire; Arlington Apartment Fire September 2008; Beekman Apparatus Rollover RIP Fellow Firefighter; Arlington MVA With Medivac Earlier 2009; East Fishkill I-84 MVA Police Officers Hit 2008; LaGrange Loop Bus Fire; LaGrange Freshtown Fire; House Explosioion Multi County 8/2008; Pawling Serious Car Vs. Tractor Trailer 5/2008; Rombout Tractor Trailer Fire I-84 Shut Down I-84 Multi Agency; Dutcess County Airport Fire; East Fishkill Moutain Pass Brush Fire; East Fishkill Appalacian Trail Fire 2004; Fairview Psych Center Fire; La Grange Serious MVA 7/2007; East Fishkill Car into the building Lake Walton Road; East Fishkill MCI MVA 4/2007; East Fishkill Serious MVA Rt. 216 Near Stormville Airport; Dover Rollover MVA With Haz-Mat 1/2007; Tornado In LaGrange Area; LaGrange Multi Agency Fire James Bard Park; Pleasant Valley Multi Agency Brush Fire Camp Nooteming; The Multi Brush Fire Run Downs; LaGrange MVA Involving Fly Car In 2005; Hughsonville MVA With 3 Medivac's 1/2005; East Fishkill Structure Fire November 2005 60 Moore Road Large House Under Construction; Dutchess Junction Fatal Fire 2004 I Believe; East Fishkill Fatal MVA Rt. 82 Near Royal Carting 2004; East Fishkill Royal Carting Fire 2009; New Hackensack Air Plane Emergancy 12/2009; LaGrange Serious MVA Noxon Road In The Area Of Robinson Lane 2008; Fairview Brass Ancor Fire; New Hackensack Tractor Trailer Rollover With Fuel Spill By DC Airport; Village Of Wappingers Gas Leak Franks Pizzarea 2008; Hughsonville Rt 9 Pedestrian Struck 8/2008; Rombout Rt. 9 MVA Near Snow Valley With The UTS Pretzels Truck; East Fishkill Innsbrook Fire; East Fishkill I-84 MVA With Haz-Mat Early 2009; Village Of Fishkill MVA Involving Police 2009; Arlington Rollover MVA Rt. 44 Fuel Truck 2009; East Fishkill Car Into Dunkin Doughnuts On Rt. 52 2002; East Fishkill MCI Rt 376 And Robinson Lane 9/2002

Well Here are a few off of the top of my head.

Thomas

multi alarm fire in Hughsonville Directbuy off old rt. 9 that was one long night

Tom you are a 100% BUFF!

Beacon, Hedgewood apartment building 5 alarm fire 12/21/04 @ 0 degrees = very cold firefighting

I are sad part is I was either on these calls or thier watching, lolol. Guess I need to get a camera.

Thomas

I are sad part is I was either on these calls or thier watching, lolol. Guess I need to get a camera.

Thomas

What you need to do is put your gear on and get to work!!! :P

I was ready this weekend but no Call Station 4 for everything and leave Station 3 to rest, lololol.

Thomas

City of Poughkeepsie Parker ave. Fires... Two Multi Alarm fires on the same block at the same time. I think May 2005.

post-3965-126239230645.jpg

Fishkill Farms Fire; Poughkeepsie Parking Garage Collapse; Summerlin Plaza Collapse; Villiage of Wappingers Warehouse Fire 2004; Pawling Fire The 90,000 Square Foot House Earlier 2009; City Of Poughkeepsie Fuel Tank Fire; City Of Poughkeepsie Church Fire; Rombout Multi Agency Brush Fire; Arlington Apartment Fire September 2008; Beekman Apparatus Rollover RIP Fellow Firefighter; Arlington MVA With Medivac Earlier 2009; East Fishkill I-84 MVA Police Officers Hit 2008; LaGrange Loop Bus Fire; LaGrange Freshtown Fire; House Explosioion Multi County 8/2008; Pawling Serious Car Vs. Tractor Trailer 5/2008; Rombout Tractor Trailer Fire I-84 Shut Down I-84 Multi Agency; Dutcess County Airport Fire; East Fishkill Moutain Pass Brush Fire; East Fishkill Appalacian Trail Fire 2004; Fairview Psych Center Fire; La Grange Serious MVA 7/2007; East Fishkill Car into the building Lake Walton Road; East Fishkill MCI MVA 4/2007; East Fishkill Serious MVA Rt. 216 Near Stormville Airport; Dover Rollover MVA With Haz-Mat 1/2007; Tornado In LaGrange Area; LaGrange Multi Agency Fire James Bard Park; Pleasant Valley Multi Agency Brush Fire Camp Nooteming; The Multi Brush Fire Run Downs; LaGrange MVA Involving Fly Car In 2005; Hughsonville MVA With 3 Medivac's 1/2005; East Fishkill Structure Fire November 2005 60 Moore Road Large House Under Construction; Dutchess Junction Fatal Fire 2004 I Believe; East Fishkill Fatal MVA Rt. 82 Near Royal Carting 2004; East Fishkill Royal Carting Fire 2009; New Hackensack Air Plane Emergancy 12/2009; LaGrange Serious MVA Noxon Road In The Area Of Robinson Lane 2008; Fairview Brass Ancor Fire; New Hackensack Tractor Trailer Rollover With Fuel Spill By DC Airport; Village Of Wappingers Gas Leak Franks Pizzarea 2008; Hughsonville Rt 9 Pedestrian Struck 8/2008; Rombout Rt. 9 MVA Near Snow Valley With The UTS Pretzels Truck; East Fishkill Innsbrook Fire; East Fishkill I-84 MVA With Haz-Mat Early 2009; Village Of Fishkill MVA Involving Police 2009; Arlington Rollover MVA Rt. 44 Fuel Truck 2009; East Fishkill Car Into Dunkin Doughnuts On Rt. 52 2002; East Fishkill MCI Rt 376 And Robinson Lane 9/2002

Thomas

A few? It is just a top 10 list, right? :blink:

Thomas

I did say Top 10, not Top 100 you know...

Poughkeepsie South Ave 2004?

Pleasant Valley Mothers Day Fatal MVA (2007), and Pleasant Valley Double Fatal MCI MVA at Quattros Market with Criminal Conviction (2004)