Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

2010 Ford Transit Connect Van

10 posts in this topic

Ford has recently indroduced this very European mini-van to the North American market, aimed at businesses.

I could totally see this being used as a command vehicle or ALS flycar.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/

post-11-126264134891.jpg

Ford has recently indroduced this very European mini-van to the North American market, aimed at businesses.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/

post-11-126264134891.jpg

I see it taking over the "Astrovan" market...and that's about all it will do.

http://www.fordvehic...transitconnect/

post-11-126264134891.jpg

I know one of the counties down my way is looking at them for the paid county fire marshals to use at fire investigations. I can see it as a support vehicle and definitely as an invalid coach-type vehicle (same interior space as the Econoline it replaced), but not as an ALS chase,..looks like it might be too slow.

put to use as a taxi for a year or two then I would consider trying it out for emergency services. If it can hold up as a cab then it should be able to handle what we would do to it. And what does looks have to do with speed. My Dodge RAM can haul when I want it too and my brick on wheels, I mean Jeep Wrangler could top out at the 85 to 90 range.

I like the concept. But the specs don't provide any motor info, so I'm going to assume this will be a trans-mounted 4 cylinder, front-wheel-drive. With the weight of the equipment in Fly Cars or Command Vehicles, could this pull the weight? Minimum would be a V-6, optimimum V-8 RWD found in the classic Suburban and Tahoe. Oh yeah, I think Ford and Chrysler make a couple of those too...

put to use as a taxi for a year or two then I would consider trying it out for emergency services. If it can hold up as a cab then it should be able to handle what we would do to it.

This style van has been used in Europe for numerous years now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Transit

(same interior space as the Econoline it replaced)

The Econoline is still in production, this is a seperate product line.

Ford Transit

Up to 22MPG 25MPG highway

It is peppy and handles really nicely, although I didn't get up to it, I was told top speed during testing was 92MPH.

The evolution of the van design continues. The Ford Transit for quite a few years in the UK and then the M-B Sprinter in Europe.

Standup space is available in new and more useful configurations.

My opinion is that is is just plan UGLY!

It is kinda cute. It will wear on you just like the Dodge Sprinter.

Edited by Reliance

It is kinda cute. It will wear on you just like the Dodge Sprinter.

thats like comparining a turd to a turd :o

I drove a sprinter ambulance and it was the biggest POS I have ever seen. The company I worked for was actuly happy when 2 of the 3 they had were totaled :blink:

I saw the Ford in person the other day at a dealership and think its not cut out for what we would need from it here in the states.