Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest T-34

Orange Sheriffs deputies join saturation patrols in Newburgh after fatal Newburgh stabbing

13 posts in this topic

NEWBURGH – Police in the City of Newburgh will continue its saturation patrols in problematic areas of the city over the weekend and the Orange County Sheriff's Office will be supplementing those patrols.

http://www.midhudson...lli-15Jan10.htm

Edited by jack10562
Source Site Copyright Notice

Maybe the marines and some tanks too!!!

I actually recall stories from a bad snow emergency back in the day that had ambulances running calls in the city of newburgh with an officer and/or a marine onboard, and a hummer leading the way... one of the joys of working with one of the old timers, you get to hear ALL the war stories, lol

Chris, my thoughts exactly. Its quite obvious that the City of Newburgh needs all of its emergency services, instead of making cuts.

Its a shame because there are some decent parts of Newburgh, but the "bad areas" far outweigh the good ones. I like to go to some of the restaurants/bars along the waterfront, but getting there is an eye-opener. Id much rather go on my boat so that i can avoid these areas. I can remember our realtor showing us a house off of Broadway and i was like "seriously?" It can be quite scary to drive through the City. My wife, who is from Vermont was quite shocked to see children, some barefoot, playing in the street with no parents in sight. This was a shock to me as well, but not all that surprising.

Its great that the OCSO is stepping in to assist in patrols, but how long will that last? A City such as Newburgh should have a big enough police force so that it can be self-reliable. Im all for agencies assisting one-another, but it shouldnt be something to rely on. It seems as though Newburgh and other cities such as Mt. Vernon continue to ask for help instead of resolving their own issues.

Edited by BFD1054
efdcapt115 likes this

Chris, my thoughts exactly. Its quite obvious that the City of Newburgh needs all of its emergency services, instead of making cuts.

Its a shame because there are some decent parts of Newburgh, but the "bad areas" far outweigh the good ones. I like to go to some of the restaurants/bars along the waterfront, but getting there is an eye-opener. Id much rather go on my boat so that i can avoid these areas. I can remember our realtor showing us a house off of Broadway and i was like "seriously?" It can be quite scary to drive through the City. My wife, who is from Vermont was quite shocked to see children, some barefoot, playing in the street with no parents in sight. This was a shock to me as well, but not all that surprising.

Its great that the OCSO is stepping in to assist in patrols, but how long will that last? A City such as Newburgh should have a big enough police force so that it can be self-reliable. Im all for agencies assisting one-another, but it shouldnt be something to rely on. It seems as though Newburgh and other cities such as Mt. Vernon continue to ask for help instead of resolving their own issues.

Mount Vernon has other agencies patrolling the city? This is news to me....

OCSO has 2 Deputies on patrol in the city of newburgh for the a & c line for now

Question, does the OCSO also patrol municipalties under contract like Putnam County or do they operate more like Rockland?

I hope this sounds clear.

20y2...my fault, i kinda got off base lol. I was referring more toward FDMV relying on other agencies.

Sort of. Mt Vernon is a Project Impact city and periodically State Troopers are assigned to augment MVPD patrol forces. MVPD also does special details involving the State, County PD, and MTA PD to "saturate" the city with cops.

Sort of. Mt Vernon is a Project Impact city and periodically State Troopers are assigned to augment MVPD patrol forces. MVPD also does special details involving the State, County PD, and MTA PD to "saturate" the city with cops.

Thank you Chris for the added info. I knew of Project Impact, however i knew little about it.

Impact with the state police has occured on less than 4 dates in the last 2-3 years. They are not assigned or designed to augment patrol, their role is traffic enforcement. The details with the County PD and MTA PD are also for DWI/traffic enforcement and are also limited to about once a year (the Border Patrols).