Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Ossining FD new apparatus - Updated Production Photos

75 posts in this topic

As of 1400 today the Ossining FD has placed a new 2010 KME Engine in service with Monitor Hose Co. #4 (E99). The following are some pictures of this, which took place inside Holla Hose Co. #5's Quarters.

post-27-0-76828400-1290390458.jpg

post-27-0-36112900-1290390518.jpg

post-27-0-11371100-1290390537.jpg

post-27-0-97018600-1290390558.jpg

And the new rig in our VERY Tight Quarters, as if the old rig wasn't tight enough. Not fun trying to back this into Quarters with no ramp and a small bay.

post-27-0-70347300-1290390577.jpg

And some bonus pic's of the old and new rig's.

post-27-0-35486600-1290390645.jpg

post-27-0-53359300-1290390661.jpg

Question for OFD.... the picture with LT 42 bucket on the ground, and the nozzle on the bucket, can we get a closer look at that ? Is that a straight tip which can fog ??? ( not a ladder guy here, so I am clueless )

Question for OFD.... the picture with LT 42 bucket on the ground, and the nozzle on the bucket, can we get a closer look at that ? Is that a straight tip which can fog ??? ( not a ladder guy here, so I am clueless )

I don't have any close up pictures of the nozzle, but I zoomed in on one of the pics I took, and it looks like it is an AkronBrass 1577 SabreMaster 1250 Nozzle.

The picture I see shows two seperate outriggers on each side of the apparatus. How is that better than just one? My concern is that you need 2 separate openings between cars to place the outriggers. I'm not familiar with E-One towers do the outriggers have to be out on both sides or is there a shortjacking option?

The e-one outrigger spread is very narrow...if you can open the cab doors you can set up the aerial.

the village of ossining, ny from what i hear is really becoming populated in the last few years. i drove around and saw many 2 family homes with "for rent" signs in the windows. im sure they must have 30 people living in these cut up divided homes. do you think they will ever become a paid or half paid/half volly dept? what does similar size population peekskill, ny have when it comes to paid/volly guys?

The old 99 has already left the village. It went to a department somewhere in PA.

The e-one outrigger spread is very narrow...if you can open the cab doors you can set up the aerial.

That is one feature of the E-one aerials that I like is their jacking system. That is the main reason why Boston loves them so much.

the village of ossining, ny from what i hear is really becoming populated in the last few years. i drove around and saw many 2 family homes with "for rent" signs in the windows. im sure they must have 30 people living in these cut up divided homes. do you think they will ever become a paid or half paid/half volly dept? what does similar size population peekskill, ny have when it comes to paid/volly guys?

no talk about anything for the future, but ossining still is 100% volunteer

I don't think Ossining will ever see a combo of volunteer/paid. We have a rooster of 481 Active members and can have up to 125 members show up to a structure fire. Last year the department took in 32 new members. The only way a department as strong as our's would see a decrease in membership, would be due to the village cutting our budget and not providing the training and equipment we need, but I don't see that happening.

TR54, x635 and spin_the_wheel like this

I don't think Ossining will ever see a combo of volunteer/paid. We have a rooster of 481 Active members and can have up to 125 members show up to a structure fire. Last year the department took in 32 new members. The only way a department as strong as our's would see a decrease in membership, would be due to the village cutting our budget and not providing the training and equipment we need, but I don't see that happening.

Thats great, how many are interior certified/

Thats great, how many are interior certified/

between 180 and 202 FF interiors, others need FIT test or annual Medical exam to be certified

spin_the_wheel and x635 like this

I really like the Engine's low hose bed. And, as mentioned, the jacking system is perfect for Ossining on the truck.