Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Mount Vernon Fire 2/6 and 'New' Engine

19 posts in this topic

Millingotn X Columbus

Nice to see they went all out on the door logo... LOL.

Nice to see they went all out on the door logo... LOL.

Yeah, why does the "Mount Vernon" look like a P-Touch afterthought?

"Rapid Foam" ?? .....is that supposed to be like the Rapid Water additive on the 70's FDNY pumpers ?

Edited by R1SmokeEater

Unlike many of the new fire engine photos that grace the pages of emtbravo, this series shows an engine actually pumping at a working fire. We can read a lot into these photos, it's amazing what a rig can reflect about a department if you have some knowledge of that dept.

Good luck brothers of the FDMV!

M' Ave and FiftyOnePride like this

Glad to see that FDMV has a effective working piece of apparatus. Engine 6 (I believe that it is Engine 6, although it could be Engine 5. I can't really tell from the photo) is a nice looking rig in action. I thought that FDMV was also supposed to get a Used Ladder Truck as well? Does anyone know anything about that? (Plus, I see that the Old Engine 5 is now the Spare Engine 1. What did FDMV do with the Mack CF?)

Edited by 61MACKBR1

Its Engine 5, it old but works. You hit the brakes and it stops, it pumps water and that's what we need. The brothers at FDMV would love to have a nice new engine, its not in our future. This just happens to be the third working fire in MV in the past 3 days.

M' Ave likes this

Its Engine 5, it old but works. You hit the brakes and it stops, it pumps water and that's what we need. The brothers at FDMV would love to have a nice new engine, its not in our future. This just happens to be the third working fire in MV in the past 3 days.

I photographed Engine 5 this morning, Hopefully this holds up for them until they can order new equipment.

post-193-126557368617.jpg

What happened to the New "Used" Ladder Truck that they were supposed to be getting?

What department did the pumper come from in the Island?

What department did the pumper come from in the Island?

SAYVILLE, NEW YORK FD - I heard or read that FDMV was getting a Used Ladder Truck either from Sayville or from some FD in New Jersey and the last time I heard about it was that the FDMV was doing a Ladder Test on it, but nothing since. Does anyone within FDMV know about the status of this?

SAYVILLE, NEW YORK FD - I heard or read that FDMV was getting a Used Ladder Truck either from Sayville or from some FD in New Jersey and the last time I heard about it was that the FDMV was doing a Ladder Test on it, but nothing since. Does anyone within FDMV know about the status of this?

Here is the photo of the ladder being used as Ladder 2

post-193-126557752577.jpg

Here is the other engine being used as Engine 6

post-193-126557782936.jpg

Thanks Joe - So FDMV has a New (used) Engine 5, Engine 6, and Ladder 2. Are they all from Sayville, NY?

Here is the other engine being used as Engine 6

The ladder is from Woodcliff Lake,New Jersey.

As of this date: Tower Ladder 1 - Seagrave Tower Ladder in service running out of Staion #3 on 3rd street.

Ladder 2- Straight Stick Seagrave in service out of Headquarters on E. Lincoln ave.(originallyFDMV Trk#2)

Ladder 3- E-One - Bucket running out of Sta 2 on South Fulton Ave.

The straight stick from Woodcliff lake will be a spare.

The Former West Harrison Mack Tower Ladder is out of Service, not sure what the plans are for that Truck, maybe a trip to Brookfield for scrap!rolleyes.gif

It's a real shame that a busy urban FD like 'da Vern has to deal with hand-me-down rigs. Probably seen more fire this week than ever before!

From an operations perspective; both of the "new" rigs seem to have a very long wheel base. How does this work out for you guys on some of the streets you have?

I assume that the top-mount pump panel is the reason for the long wheel base. As far as I know, FDMV is the only urban dept. in the area that operates with one. How does it work out?

It's a real shame that a busy urban FD like 'da Vern has to deal with hand-me-down rigs. Probably seen more fire this week than ever before!

From an operations perspective; both of the "new" rigs seem to have a very long wheel base. How does this work out for you guys on some of the streets you have?

I assume that the top-mount pump panel is the reason for the long wheel base. As far as I know, FDMV is the only urban dept. in the area that operates with one. How does it work out?

MV has had top mount PP's before...........

post-182-126564628743.jpg

M' Ave likes this

and to scrap it would be a shame, especially since they now can do one on a new single axle chassis. Even if Mount Vernon doesnt use it, someone else would.

As of this date: Tower Ladder 1 - Seagrave Tower Ladder in service running out of Staion #3 on 3rd street.

Ladder 2- Straight Stick Seagrave in service out of Headquarters on E. Lincoln ave.(originallyFDMV Trk#2)

Ladder 3- E-One - Bucket running out of Sta 2 on South Fulton Ave.

The straight stick from Woodcliff lake will be a spare.

The Former West Harrison Mack Tower Ladder is out of Service, not sure what the plans are for that Truck, maybe a trip to Brookfield for scrap![img]http://www.emtbravo.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif