Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
batt2

YFD's new SAFETY vehicle

22 posts in this topic

New SAFETY Officer's vehicle as seen at YFD's SOC. Ford F350 6 3/4' bed with Leer Cap. Decals and Electronics done at TCD Mamaroneck. Batt1 and Batt2's vehicles will be sent to TCD shortly and will look similiar (but with a few minor changes.)

post-891-126567741171.jpg

I like the look of the pickup. What equipment will this carry? A regular assortment of command materials? Was the pickup chosen because of the space?

Safety carries extra FAST team equipment and other gear. They also carry a backup command board. They sometimes have to transport FF's back from the hospital so we need room for personnel and their gear.

Thanks for the quick reply good luck to YFD with the new vehicle.

Thanks Cheif Dunn for the great photos of the New Safety Truck. Can you elloborate on the minor changes will be made to both the New B1 and B2 in comparison to the New Safety Truck? (Outside Comesmetic Changes or Inside Changes?) - PS - Any updates on the New 306, 308, 309, Sq11, and L72?

Thanks in advance

New SAFETY Officer's vehicle as seen at YFD's SOC. Ford F350 6 3/4' bed with Leer Cap. Decals and Electronics done at TCD Mamaroneck. Batt1 and Batt2's vehicles will be sent to TCD shortly and will look similiar (but with a few minor changes.)

Thanks Cheif Dunn for the great photos of the New Safety Truck. Can you elloborate on the minor changes will be made to both the New B1 and B2 in comparison to the New Safety Truck? (Outside Comesmetic Changes or Inside Changes?) - PS - Any updates on the New 306, 308, 309, Sq11, and L72?

Thanks in advance

Just minor outside font changes and minor adjustments of equipment mounted inside. I don't have any new info on the rigs yet...

Did this come off of the FDNY EMS and Bat Chief fleet that came out recently? Looks similar, who did the work? If I missed it in the posts above I apologize - nice looking rig though, like that it carries extra FAST gear...

Did this come off of the FDNY EMS and Bat Chief fleet that came out recently? Looks similar, who did the work? If I missed it in the posts above I apologize - nice looking rig though, like that it carries extra FAST gear...

FDNY is using GMC Trucks. Yonkers are Fords.

Yonkers is using TCD in Mamaro

FDNY is using Odyssey in Jersey

FDNY is using GMC Trucks. Yonkers are Fords.

Yonkers is using TCD in Mamaro

FDNY is using Odyssey in Jersey

Thank you and thank you for clarifying, I was taking a shot at the dark as I know Mount Vernon sometimes jumps on with FDNY bids...

Thanks again.

efdcapt115 likes this

Safety carries extra FAST team equipment and other gear. They also carry a backup command board. They sometimes have to transport FF's back from the hospital so we need room for personnel and their gear.

Imagine that, using a utility type vehicle for FAST equipment? And here I thought you needed a 65 foot long, 19 foot high, 75 ton "heavy rescue" for that. Silly cop, no donut! [/sarcasm]

Doesn't Mount Kisco use a utility for their FASTeam?

Mount Kisco uses an ambulance body on a ford E-450 chassis if I recall for their FAST.

Mount Kisco uses an ambulance body on a ford E-450 chassis if I recall for their FAST.

Mt. Kisco does use our utility which is a 98 PL Custom body for F.A.S.T responces. It was built specifically as a utility but yes it does look much like an ambulance. It makes sence using a scene support vehicle or in this case the safety batt. vehicle to carry F.A.S.T equipment. It doesn't tie up an engine, ladder or rescue. Our new Engine (E-106) is the back-up F.A.S.T truck. Best of luck with the new command car.

Nice to hear Chief Fitz. I am sure that the Officers and Battalion Chiefs will certainly be very happy with these new Ford Trucks, designed with the needs of the Safety Chief and Battalion Chiefs within YFD. Any update on when YFD will take delivery on the New E-309, Squad-11, and Ladder 72 on your new Smeal/Spartan Rigs from NEFA and the New E-306 and E-308 from American LaFrance?

LOOKS GREAT, thanks for the spy shots Batt2!! Can't wait to see Joe Pinto's shot as well (hint)

The type of Battalion vehicle Yonkers is now going to is also becoming the standard Battalion chief vehicle in Texas as well, with the demise of the Excursion.

Here's a similar Battalion vehicle down here, got delivered about a year ago (scroll down on page)

http://www.emtbravo.com/NewDeliveries/rrfde1.html

LOOKS GREAT, thanks for the spy shots Batt2!! Can't wait to see Joe Pinto's shot as well (hint)

The type of Battalion vehicle Yonkers is now going to is also becoming the standard Battalion chief vehicle in Texas as well, with the demise of the Excursion.

Here's a similar Battalion vehicle down here, got delivered about a year ago (scroll down on page)

http://www.emtbravo.com/NewDeliveries/rrfde1.html

Here is the photo of the new Yonkers Safety Vehicle

post-193-126669547315.jpg

Edited by jjpinto
billfitz and batt2 like this