Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Buchanan Utility 12

10 posts in this topic

AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY POSTED, BUCHANAN'S NEW UTILITY-12(2003 E-ONE CASCADE/LIGHT SUPPORT UNIT) IS NOW IN FULL SERVICE!!! ALSO, THE OFFICIAL DRY-DOWN DATE HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.....SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 3:00PM-7:00PM AT BUCHANAN FIREHOUSE, 3159 ALBANY POST RD.

THE NEW RIG LOOKS GOOD AND HAS A HELL OF A LOT TO OFFER, NOT ONLY TO US, BUT ANY OTHER DEPT. REQUESTING ITS SERVICES. I HOPE SOME OF YOU WILL STOP BY AND CHECK IT OUT, SHOULD BE A FUN DAY! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

BFD1054

needsw to be a traditional wett down or are ya afraid of water. thats right worried about shamrocks

A "WETdown wouldn't be so bad, if it was AUGUST!

Giving the new U-12 a deep freeze may not be the best thing for a new rig....

thanks John.....although you wouldn't know about the "dry-down" cause you never showed up!!!!! Just kiddin....we did have a hell of a night though! =D>

Congratulations Buchanan on the Utility's first mutual aid action last night in Ossining.

I have a questoin how many bottles can you fill at once and also how many bottles do you carry on that truck.

Thanks LFD171,

Yeah, it was about time lol. We were all banking on a worker in Peekskill to be its first run! Guys from all over the county came out for the "dry-down" and i think they liked what they saw. That could be the reason Ossining called us, plus the fire was on the north side of thier district, closer to us. Thanks Chief Farrell (OFD Car 2331), hope our services were able to help your guys. I believe we filled about 60 bottles that night, the new rig can fill soo much quicker, its real nice. BFD1054

CM36, the new Utility-12 can fill 2 bottles at once and carries 2 full Scott air-pacs with 2 spare bottles. We can fill 2.2's, 3.0's, 4.5's, Scuba (dive) bottles, Tower Ladders, other Air trucks and we carry 300 feet of low pressure hose for Confined space operations and can power air tools as well. If you have any other questions about U-12 or any other Buchanan Unit, feel free to contact me! BFD1054

Thanks BrotherFF, i didn't even look on Firehouse.com to see if we were on, didn't realize someone had posted anything. Luckily, the person who posted the pic/info is an ex-chief/Engineer (for U-12), so needless to say he knows what hes talking about.

As far as E-One goes, they are a first for our Dept. We actually wanted to go with a smaller rig, but due to the weight of the compressor and other equipment, we had to get the International cab/chassis and E-One had everything else we were looking for. There were a few problems in the beginning with the rig, but nothing major and everything is all straightened out now. But hey, what new piece of equipment doesn't need some breaking in? Anyway, thanks again for the Firehouse.com info, much appreciated! BFD1054