Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Burning Bush

7 posts in this topic

Very interesting article by one of our own forum members. I also love the way it was written.

THE BURNING BUSH

Mar 1, 1997

THE BURNING BUSH

BY WILLIAM J. RAFTERY

The run started out simple enough, as a run that probably occurs thousands of times every hour across the United States. "Dispatch: Full assignment dispatched for activation of a residential fire alarm system. Alarm time 0640."

But this one was different and really left me wondering. In fact, it got me into a few weeks of research. On arrrival, we found a typical scene and began a typical fireground operation.

http://www.fireengineering.com/index/articles/display/59593/articles/fire-engineering/volume-150/issue-3/features/the-burning-bush.html

Well written Chief. Very interesting indeed, definately something to keep in the back of your mind.

Very interesting article by one of our own forum members. I also love the way it was written.

http://www.fireengineering.com/index/articles/display/59593/articles/fire-engineering/volume-150/issue-3/features/the-burning-bush.html

I amost forgot about that one.. After I wrote it I got 10-12 letters from around the country from FD's who had the same thing, but nobody would believe them.

I think I am still the nationally recognized expert on Spontaneous Combuustion of Potted House Plants.

Somebody must have told you that article existed. No one would have gone looking for something off the wall like that

For a minute, when I read the title, I thought this thread was about a disease or something... :P

But it is very well written and definitely not something you see everyday.

Somebody must have told you that article existed. No one would have gone looking for something off the wall like that

Negative. I was browsing through the Fire Engineering archives, typed in Hartsdale to see what would come up, and found that article.