Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
batt2

Yonkers FD's new Battalion 2

52 posts in this topic

Ford F350 Gasoline- 6 3/4 ft. bed. Radio/Lights/Decaling by TCD Mamaroneck

post-891-126704639682.jpg

Edited by batt2

in pic 6, what's red toggle switch above the light/siren box for?

It activates the Cross-band repeater. This way if you leave the vehicle, you can hear our low-band radio (46.5 MHz) which gives the tones and announcement of alarms on Channel 8 of our UHF Handi-talkies.

wow, impressive!

we don't have that kind of technology at vac's lol

It activates the Cross-band repeater.

In ours it the ejection button for the chief. :rolleyes:

On second thought, I better check it out first before I push it. I'll tell my aide I want to see how it drives...

I believe it activates the aides shock collar when he drives to fast....

I'm curious....

I was always under the assumption that New York City went to a Pickup truck because a diesel SUV was no longer made. If the YFD went with a gasoline engine, why not get a Suburban or other? Perhaps there's more to the Pickup truck choice? I have nothing to do with the specs, I only drive the guy in a white shirt on rare occasion.

What is the advantage of a crewcab pickup and what was the driving factor for it's purchase.

It's very nice looking, watch the ejector seat.

Edited by M' Ave

I know some of the guys at TCD. They do great work! Looks like another great line of TCD vehicles.

I'm curious....

I was always under the assumption that New York City went to a Pickup truck because a diesel SUV was no longer made. If the YFD went with a gasoline engine, why not get a Suburban or other? Perhaps there's more to the Pickup truck choice? I have nothing to do with the specs, I only drive the guy in a white shirt on rare occasion.

What is the advantage of a crewcab pickup and what was the driving factor for it's purchase.

It's very nice looking, watch the ejector seat.

We wanted a vehicle that was more HD (safer) than a suburban the excursions were great but were discontinued - as far as the diesel our mechanics wanted to stay away from the newer diesels with all of the emissions systems we went with the V-10 for the power - we only get about 5 years of frontline service with these so the gasoline engines should work out.

We wanted a vehicle that was more HD (safer) than a suburban the excursions were great but were discontinued - as far as the diesel our mechanics wanted to stay away from the newer diesels with all of the emissions systems we went with the V-10 for the power - we only get about 5 years of frontline service with these so the gasoline engines should work out.

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense. Enjoy the ride!

I like the side bed compartment. Is it the same on the other side ? and.... can we see the rear storage area ?

Please....

On second thought, I better check it out first before I push it. I'll tell my aide I want to see how it drives...

Geez... I'd better be careful then when your aide is driving me when I have to work B2, he'll be pushing it all the time. His luck... he will press it and it will short out and eject him instead of me!!!.... now wouldn't that be so typical...lol

Geez... I'd better be careful then when your aide is driving me when I have to work B2, he'll be pushing it all the time. His luck... he will press it and it will short out and eject him instead of me!!!.... now wouldn't that be so typical...lol

Yes it would Golden Boy

I like the side bed compartment. Is it the same on the other side ? and.... can we see the rear storage area ?

Please....

The side storage areas are similiar. They are boxes only accessible from outside. We will put HT, TIC and Sawzall batteries there.

The rear compartment is unfinished at this time. We may add a bed slide eventually but in the meantime we will just place our equipment in there.

post-1066-126711376043.jpg

Holee Jeepers! It's even got a Mister Coffee Machine!

Thanks Chief Dunn for the great photos of your New Batt 2 Truck. I especially like the New B2 Logo (Did you design it?). Any chances of getting a Photo of the New B1 Logo? (Is it similiar or a completely different design?)

Also, any news on the upcoming deliveries of YFD's New Engine 306, 308, 309, Squad 11, and Ladder 72? (From both ALF and Smeal)

Please....

In the Safety Vehicle, the driver side is basically set up the same way with the Handi-Talkie Battery Charger, TIC Charger and Flashlight charger. On the passenger side we have a battery charger and we have stored our medical bags there for easy access. In the rear compartment we have a Command Board, IC Vests, Life Jackets, Mobile Repeater, RIT Pack.

We too are at a future date are to have a draw installed in the back along with an Air Pack Holder.

When I am working again I will take some pictures of the set up and post them under the New YFD Safety Vehicle Topic.

Edited by BFarr156

Thanks Chief Dunn for the great photos of your New Batt 2 Truck. I especially like the New B2 Logo (Did you design it?). Any chances of getting a Photo of the New B1 Logo? (Is it similiar or a completely different design?)

Chief Hammer and his son designed it around the "2" which I believe is from the US 2nd Army patch, which his aide wears and became popular with the other members. The B1 patch will not change.

And about the "Mr Coffee machine" - that's the TIC charger. We prefer the coffee from "Slave to the Grind." lol

post-1066-126711376043.jpg Holee Jeepers! It's even got a Mister Coffee Machine!

Hey Chief, just how long have you been retired? Thats a bullard TIC charger

Hey Chief, just how long have you been retired? Thats a bullard TIC charger

1. 4 years

2. We weren't allowed to buy a Bullard because we broke one within the first 5 min of the demo. They said it was drop proof. Hah!

3. I had a Mister Coffee that looked just like that. I'll bet Bullard stole the design from Joe DiMaggio.

4. I was using Thermal Imaging before Thermal Imaging even had a name. Twenty years before the TIC, we had the Probe Eye, made bt Hughes aircraft, and used a small argon cylinder to work for 20 min. Ours was Serial #5, Kid.

The side storage areas are similiar. They are boxes only accessible from outside. We will put HT, TIC and Sawzall batteries there.Where is the command equipment and other stuff currently stored?

The rear compartment is unfinished at this time. We may add a bed slide eventually but in the meantime we will just place our equipment in there.

No slide out tray or side command modules yet? I thought an extendo bed was in the works? (I know some Extendo-Bed products are on backorder)

4. I was using Thermal Imaging before Thermal Imaging even had a name. Twenty years before the TIC, we had the Probe Eye, made bt Hughes aircraft, and used a small argon cylinder to work for 20 min. Ours was Serial #5, Kid.

http://www.prc68.com/I/Probeye.shtml

And you drove a big green suburban that smelled like gas inside and afterwards a IC vehicle with utility body

No slide out tray or side command modules yet? I thought an extendo bed was in the works? (I know some Extendo-Bed products are on backorder)

http://www.prc68.com/I/Probeye.shtml

And you drove a big green suburban that smelled like gas inside and afterwards a IC vehicle with utility body

You are correct. The "Fire engines are red" argument is one I lost.

And Barry, Looking closer at Batt2's vehicle it IS a coffeepot! Where have you gone, Joe DDiMaggio?

post-1066-126714568773.jpg

batt2 likes this

And Barry, Looking closer at Batt2's vehicle it IS a coffeepot! Where have you gone, Joe DDiMaggio?

You have way to much time on your hands....oh thats right, thats what you do now.

You have way to much time on your hands....oh thats right, thats what you do now.

What's really scary is that it appears he is starting to learn how to photoshop.

Also, I forgot to ask- I thought they were diesel....they are gas? Any reason for going with a gas engine?

Also, I forgot to ask- I thought they were diesel....they are gas? Any reason for going with a gas engine?

It's a coffeepot. They don't have engines.

Duh, the answer was in this thread. I apologize to those who posted the info, I really did read your comments and I was thinking of something else when I asked that.

Please....

Apparatus is in service 2000hrs this date.

Wasn't the best morning for picture taking, but here it is in service

Yonkers, Battalion 2's 2009 Ford F-350. Great job on the graphics.

Thanks to Chief Fitz and Station 12.post-193-126738231173.jpg

Edited by jjpinto
billfitz, batt2 and x635 like this