Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

American LaFrance to Bypass 2010 FDIC Exhibition;

8 posts in this topic

AMERICAN LAFRANCE TO BYPASS 2010 FDIC EXHIBITION; COMPANY TO FOCUS ON FUTURE BUSINESS

(3/5/2010)

For Immediate Release

American LaFrance to Bypass 2010 FDIC Exhibition;

Company Focused On Future Business

Summerville, SC - American LaFrance has decided that it will not exhibit at the 2010

FDIC show in Indianapolis. Citing a downturn in municipal funding for fire apparatus,

American LaFrance President Bill Hinz believes the company must focus all of its

efforts on meeting current customer needs and being positioned for the future.

“All the projections and conversations we have had with customers and friends

within the industry point to a rough year in 2010,” says Hinz. “FDIC is an important

event for the industry, and we will have a presence there in future years, but our

primary focus is continuing to support our customers related to new orders,

delivering back log, and meeting our financial objectives.”

MORE: http://www.americanlafrance.com/interior.asp?n=22&p=4&s=22&a=179

Heard this show is getting smaller and smaller...is the booth prices what's causing this?

Heard this show is getting smaller and smaller...is the booth prices what's causing this?

This is actually one of the premier (and best) events for training....and also for the apparatus industry...it kicks off trade show season, so many manufacturers use this show to roll out new products. It's an important place for manufacturers to be seen.

I think you may be thinking of Firehouse Expo, where floor space prices have skyrocketed.

ALF was not at Firehouse World this past week. Crimson, Rosenbauer, Pierce, Seagrave (1 rig), Sutphen (2 demo aerials), E-One and a few ambulance manufacturers...I'll have my photos to share probably by Tuesday...

Seagrave, Sutphen,HME did not attend the show in Long Island last weekend.

Word on the street Firehouse expo in Baltimore is doomed in the near future.

FDIC is also crying poor profits so Ive heard. which I cant understand at 450.00 for training???.

.....which I cant understand at 450.00 for training???.

The training there is worth every penny IMHO.

ALF's decision not to be there, although I understand why, is going to make a poor impression on some of the top leaders in the fire service. To me, it says ALF is just going to fufill their current orders and then who knows.....

Seagrave, Sutphen,HME did not attend the show in Long Island last weekend.

Word on the street Firehouse expo in Baltimore is doomed in the near future.

It is a real shame how quickly the Baltimore expo went downhill. I went four years in a row and watched it rapidly decline in quality and size. In 08 multiple manufacturers were missing and I did not bother going last year. Everything that show had to offer made it a great event to attend.