Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryefd192

Con Ed Staging in Playland 3/15/10

10 posts in this topic

A large number of utility trucks are currently staged in the Playland parking lot. Companies observed were from NC, MD, MI, IN, and MA. At least 50-75 trucks staged at this time with more coming and going.

Pictures of the Staging

Edited by ryefd192

A large number of utility trucks are currently staged in the Playland parking lot. Companies observed were from NC, MD, MI, IN, and MA. At least 50-75 trucks staged at this time with more coming and going.

Pictures of the Staging

Pike from North Carolina has my street up and running at 2300hrs. Thanks guys !

"Hawkeye" restored my power from the last snow/ice storm. I would rather pay them direct. lol

Talked to one of the Guys from Pike. Said although the company is based in NC, he came up from Baltimore, hopefully this means a faster restoration to everyone without power.

Its good to see agencies reaching out for help and getting it, the workers probably love it . If the get the pay scale of con ed it is probably more than they are used to, plus its mostly O.T.

Its good to see agencies reaching out for help and getting it, the workers probably love it . If the get the pay scale of con ed it is probably more than they are used to, plus its mostly O.T.

I have friends that are lineman for Central Hudson and when ever they go mutual aid to other power companies, they get paid their own rate (overtime included).

It appears that some of these companies (in the pictures) are electrical contractors as opposed to public utilities. With that said, my guess is they make less.

Just out of curiosity, why were Pikes buckets raised in the first few pictures?

Edited by TRUCK6018

I have friends that are lineman for Central Hudson and when ever they go mutual aid to other power companies, they get paid their own rate (overtime included).

It appears that some of these companies (in the pictures) are electrical contractors as opposed to public utilities. With that said, my guess is they make less.

No kidding, thanks.

That's a test of the aerial system hydraulics to make sure check valves hold. When linesman go up in these buckets and start working, they kill the truck's engine, then restart it from the bucket to move around as needed.

Georgia Power from Atlanta working in Rye.

That's a test of the aerial system hydraulics to make sure check valves hold. When linesman go up in these buckets and start working, they kill the truck's engine, then restart it from the bucket to move around as needed.

That's a sucky drive. Wow