Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bfd161

Spy Shots-Buchanan's New Rescue 26

48 posts in this topic

WELL here it goes here are some pictures of the new rig it is a Spartan Furion cab and chassis and a body built by EVI and yes it is short due to fd hq limitations. should be here in May post-73-126878923508.jpgpost-73-126878925393.jpgpost-73-126878927021.jpgpost-73-126878927836.jpgpost-73-126878929234.jpg

post-73-126880725557.jpgpost-73-126880727861.jpg

Edited by bfd161

Excellent can't wait to see it done.

WELL here it goes here are some pictures of the new rig it is a Spartan Furion cab and chassis and a body built by EVI and yes it is short due to fd hq limitations. should be here in May post-73-126878923508.jpgpost-73-126878925393.jpgpost-73-126878927021.jpgpost-73-126878927836.jpgpost-73-126878929234.jpg

The Cat's finally out of the bag!

Looks awesome so far!!

I really like the Spartan Furion chasis, really fills the gap between custom and commercial chasis.

Thanks again for sharing!

YES IT IS .. it's ok ..

Now- Can you fix the header to read sPyshots instead of sOyshots? LOL

So excited to post the pics spelling doesn't matter.

So excited to post the pics spelling doesn't matter.

LOL. you hit one wrong key and look what happen's. thanks it's fixed

Its all minor, we are all human.

Nice ! Keep us updated bfd161 !

"Him's just a little guy!"

Glad to see you went with a practical rig, but where is Novo putting the DJ equipment?!

post-73-126880725557.jpgpost-73-126880727861.jpg

I like it!smile.gif

Looks great. Is this replacing the current rescue or is this in addition to? What is the actually length of the rig? (sorry if this was already answered) Best of luck with it!

Wait...we're getting a new Rescue ;) ?

PFDRes47cue, it is replacing the current rescue, the 1975 stepvan, which will be for sale. As for the length of the new rig, its shoooort lol. Not sure exactly, but bfd161 can answer that.

Wait...we're getting a new Rescue wink.gif ?

No your getting a cat , he comes with a bag , and you might have a money tree you don't know about ?

"Him's just a little guy!"

Glad to see you went with a practical rig, but where is Novo putting the DJ equipment?!

Do they call that a "Mini-Rescue" or a Light Rescue? : ) [Not to be confused with the Heavy Rescues of Yonkers and New Rochelle}

On a serious note, best of luck to the members of the Buchanan FD on this new rig. It appears to be a bit smaller than the Old Buchanan Rescue "Bread Truck" that you are currently using. Can we assume that with the design of the Body, that the stratigic placement of storage compartments, that this New Rescue 26, will be more than capabile of handling all of the equipment needed? Are you planning on keeping the Old Rescue 26 (The Bread Truck) as a back up as well as vehicle to store additional equipment (like a Utility Truck)?

Looks awesome can't wait to see it up close!! Good luck with.

Wait...we're getting a new Rescue wink.gif ?

No your getting a cat , he comes with a bag , and you might have a money tree you don't know about ?

DAMN YOU Chris, now im really confused :blink:;) .

Do they call that a "Mini-Rescue" or a Light Rescue? : ) [Not to be confused with the Heavy Rescues of Yonkers and New Rochelle}

On a serious note, best of luck to the members of the Buchanan FD on this new rig. It appears to be a bit smaller than the Old Buchanan Rescue "Bread Truck" that you are currently using. Can we assume that with the design of the Body, that the stratigic placement of storage compartments, that this New Rescue 26, will be more than capabile of handling all of the equipment needed? Are you planning on keeping the Old Rescue 26 (The Bread Truck) as a back up as well as vehicle to store additional equipment (like a Utility Truck)?

61MACKBR1...We would NEVER confuse ourselves or our equipment with YFD or New Ro FD, no comparison, obviously.

But, yes, on a more serious note. The committee worked hard to design this rig to fit our needs and more importantly, fit in the firehouse lol. The new rig does appear small, but actually has a good ammount of storage. There are no plans what-so-ever to keep the old rescue (bread truck), as we have no need, nor room for it. It is for sale and will be available upon the arrival of the new rig. There was talks of placing our "non-essential" equipment, such as our pumps and extra haz-mat equipment in our utility trailer. However, im not sure if thats still going to happen.

x635 likes this

Looks great. Is this replacing the current rescue or is this in addition to? What is the actually length of the rig? (sorry if this was already answered) Best of luck with it!

The new rig is almost the exact same length as the one it is replacing. The front and rear bumpers were shortened to fit it in the bay. It looks short due to the addition of an actual crew compartment which seats four firefighters behind the driver and officer. This is one of the main advantages of this vehicle as three of our four current rigs (R-26, E-161 and U-12) can only seat four or fewer personel each. The walk-thru area of the current rig was basically a waste of space. The new box will have a pull-out tray in the rear compartment and a transverse slider at the front end of the box. Everything on the current truck will fit on the new rig.

Edited by BFD2553
x635 likes this

BFD1054 - as far as the cat thing see post's #3,5,13 and as far as the tree comment it is in another thread under new Buchanan ruscue in local forums. Hope this helps..

Edited by chris

Kinda off topic but I saw a new Isuzu cab and chassis box truck and I swear the cab looked very similar to new Spartan Furion cab. Could the cab skins be made by the same manufacturer like they did with the old Ford C / Mack N cabs?

Hope you guys have good luck with the new rescue, looks like you will be able to put that rig anywhere!

It looks nice I just wonder how it will handle.

What makes you ask about the way it will handle ?

Kinda off topic but I saw a new Isuzu cab and chassis box truck and I swear the cab looked very similar to new Spartan Furion cab. Could the cab skins be made by the same manufacturer like they did with the old Ford C / Mack N cabs?

Hope you guys have good luck with the new rescue, looks like you will be able to put that rig anywhere!

Hey Izzy,

Funny you mention Isuzu as i was thinking about this recently. You see these Isuzu cab/chassis everywhere, but rarely on emergency service apparatus (at least in the States). I know of an FD in Jersey that uses one as a rescue or special ops rig, i believe its the Budd Lake FD.

We have an Isuzu dealer right on the Peekskill/Cortlandt border that is a full service dealer/repair shop. Im curious how an Isuzu cab/chassis would hold up in such an application?

You might be seeing Isuzu and not realize it. The GMC Topkick and the ?? Kodiak are both Isuzu H-series trucks.

All the 2001 and on model G.M.C. and chevey trucks diesel engines (duramaxs) are isuzus. Im not to crazy about the engine but hey to each is own.

Isuzu and GM started building Diesels together all the way back into the 90's. However in 2001 or 2002 when GM reorganized Isuzu bought back the shares GM held and GM got Duramax. I believe Isuzu still builds a line of DMAX engines for their uses that is essentially a Duramax.

I know over in Japan, Isuzu is used for their fire apparatus chassis as well.

You might be seeing Isuzu and not realize it. The GMC Topkick and the ?? Kodiak are both Isuzu H-series trucks.

All the 2001 and on model G.M.C. and chevey trucks diesel engines (duramaxs) are isuzus. Im not to crazy about the engine but hey to each is own.

Isuzu and GM started building Diesels together all the way back into the 90's. However in 2001 or 2002 when GM reorganized Isuzu bought back the shares GM held and GM got Duramax. I believe Isuzu still builds a line of DMAX engines for their uses that is essentially a Duramax.

Wow, thanks for the info guys. I didnt realize how prevalent Isuzu was/is on the truck market.