Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

1949 Amercan Lafrance Ladder Tarrytown New York

11 posts in this topic

The 1949 ALF 100 ft ladder was found in a field rusting away but still in somewhat good shape? in Clay County buy a bunch of photo nuts. You can see the current shots of it over on Firepics under the Relics page.

Here it is in a parade in Port Chester in 1958.

Photo from the PCFD ENG58 Collection.

post-11-127121050594.jpg

PCFD, can you post a link?

On a side note, Riverside Hose of Tarrytown just took delivery of their 1965 Seagrave last week, will be posting pics later.

what was the website firepics.net because I couldn't find it

If anyone has the pictures or exact location please let us know by replying here.

It is in fact a 1947 closed cab 3 section 85' aerial (if it is our old truck).

Seniorchief37

If anyone has the pictures or exact location please let us know by replying here.

Seniorchief37

It is with out a doudt 100% YOUR OLD RIG, still has the same lites, markings on her. I mached it up with the 1958 Port Chester parade photos that I put up here two years ago! I have the address and allready looked at it on Google maps, you can see it sitting in a field !

Edited by PCFD ENG58

I added PCFD ENG58's photo from the 1958 Parade to the original post....PCFD ENG58 hope you don't mind.

I added PCFD ENG58's photo from the 1958 Parade to the original post....PCFD ENG58 hope you don't mind.

Not at all, maybe another rig can make it home. Anybody from Tarrytown with some purchasing power from the ladder company P. M. me for the details.

RescueKujo likes this

Tis a beautiful thing she once was...there's a firefighter in my county that has an open cab 700...gotta love the classics, they have their own personality...

Seniorchief37

I have many fond memories of that rig, having responded on it a number of times from the engine company across the floor.

Conqueror H& L from Tarrytown F.D. reunited with there 1948 Amercan Lafrance 85 ft ladder. With a vist by me to there HQ yesterday the ball is rolling on maybe bringing her home!

Edited by PCFD ENG58