Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mymack1

Sleepy Hollow Fire Bailout window simulator construction photos

11 posts in this topic

The Sleepy Hollow Fire Department is currently constructing a window simulator to conduct Bailout training on our RIT Bailout System at Headquarters on Beekman Ave. Just wanted to share some pictures and maybe ideas with other Departments. Construction should be completed by Monday and ready for use. Will upload final pictures then. Based on the window simulator at the FDNY Training Academy.

post-16589-12701535262.jpg

post-16589-127015353872.jpg

post-16589-127015355515.jpg

post-16589-127015358507.jpg

post-16589-127015363579.jpg

Edited by mymack1
x635 likes this

Awesome! Thanks for the photos...looking foward to more updates...

Lower window for F.A.S.T training. Main window for bailing out will be installed on Monday.

post-16589-127024053627.jpg

post-16589-127024054515.jpg

x635 likes this

Ohh, I see Hawkeye in those pics.

But I saw the bailout sim in person today and it looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I thought the hole for the trap door goes on the floor of a gallows :lol:

"Bailout simulator"....I thought they were building a public gallows....my bad

The Sleepy Hollow Fire Department is currently constructing a window simulator to conduct Bailout training on our RIT Bailout System at Headquarters on Beekman Ave. Just wanted to share some pictures and maybe ideas with other Departments. Construction should be completed by Monday and ready for use. Will upload final pictures then. Based on the window simulator at the FDNY Training Academy.

Nice photos of a great prop, sometimes you have to look right at home to do training, meaning putting the training oppurtunities in your own back yard. Looks good, good luck with it guys.

Now, just purely on an observation point here, we all can agree that every job needs a supervisor, but really one in a Class "A" uniform??? (See the first couple pics)

Edited by FIRECHIEF63

The day that picture was taken was the Funeral for fallen NYPD Officer Hidalgo from Sleepy Hollow. Some members from Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow were in Class A uniform.

Not to out shine or out do anyone's bail out window simulator, but just to show different options or just a different window here is a link to our window.

http://www.bedfordhillsfd.org/index.cfm?fs=news.newsView&News_ID=176

I will try and take some new pictures to add to our site so you can see the finished project. In walking around the fd I noticed the perfect location for the window was in our hose drying room on the loft. When we first got the bail out we realized the need for on site training as opposed to going to the training center every time we got a new member or had to requalify members. The window was constructed in March of 2009 and has been used many times by BHFD members. Five members are qualified as trainers in the department and we follow a strict training policy for the bail out. At this point we have all but 5 interior members qualified on bail out, we also requailfy at least once a year ( with training packs) and at the same time we repack the members system and go over the power point presentation. With the window we use a safety line at all times and have two different remote tie off locations. One to the right of the window and one approximately 12 feet back from the window, simulating a tie off location somewhere in the room but not as close to the window. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask we are always looking for input or different ideas.

Chief Mcgill BHFD

x635 likes this

I can see it's pressure treated. Better hit it with Thompson's yearly to make it last. I would say to anyone that has any inside space to do what BHFD did get it inside.