Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Baseball Fever!

20 posts in this topic

Took the plunge this morning and ordered the MLB Extra Innings package from Comcast for $179. When I was up in Myrtle Beach, I had a sat-dish and was able to get every Yankee game. So now down here in Fla, this seems like the best option, being as I already have Comcast bundled services.

Anybody have MLB Extra Innings? If so, what do you think of it....

Thanks in advance and Happy Easter.

Took the plunge this morning and ordered the MLB Extra Innings package from Comcast for $179. When I was up in Myrtle Beach, I had a sat-dish and was able to get every Yankee game. So now down here in Fla, this seems like the best option, being as I already have Comcast bundled services.

Happy Easter - Go Boston Red Sox

Happy Easter - Go Boston Red Sox

I'll second that, I mean only the Happy Easter - GO YANKS!B)

Someday I will pull off the greatest prank ever!!!!!post-2893-127032213992.jpg

Someday I will pull off the greatest prank ever!!!!!post-2893-127032213992.jpg

Oh man that is soooo sweet!

lol...I third the happy Easter....go yanks!!!!

Phil-lies! Phil-lies! Phil-lies!

I had it a few years ago, its alot of baseball!!! What I like about it I use to come home late from work and still be able to see a ball game on the west coast. The Dodger game had Vince Scully doing the call, made me remember the days of the Game of the Week on channel 4. What I liked about it was all the out of market games, besides begin a Yankee fan (die hard) I like the Pirates and I got to see them. I got rid of it after I got FIOS, with ESPN showing a few games a week, MLB Network with a few games a week, WGN showing the Cubs and White Sox, and Yes, SNY,TBS I get my fix and save the 179. Enjoy your season would like to know if you become a fan of another team besides the Yankees

I had it a few years ago, its alot of baseball!!! What I like about it I use to come home late from work and still be able to see a ball game on the west coast. The Dodger game had Vince Scully doing the call, made me remember the days of the Game of the Week on channel 4. What I liked about it was all the out of market games, besides begin a Yankee fan (die hard) I like the Pirates and I got to see them. I got rid of it after I got FIOS, with ESPN showing a few games a week, MLB Network with a few games a week, WGN showing the Cubs and White Sox, and Yes, SNY,TBS I get my fix and save the 179. Enjoy your season would like to know if you become a fan of another team besides the Yankees

M-E-T-S METS METS METS

Go to sleep last night with a cushy 5-1 Yankee lead over those blasted red sox, wake up and read the news.....

Are you kidding me? Red sox win? Come on now....

Go to sleep last night with a cushy 5-1 Yankee lead over those blasted red sox, wake up and read the news.....

YES GO Red Sox

YES GO Red Sox

Hey Reliance, I'll make you a bet; which team winds up with a better record in the AL East, I get the Yanks and you get the socks.

Loser has to take the Scotia Prince or whatever the ferry's name is now from Yarmouth to Portland or the other way, meet the winner and buy him drinks and dinner.

~See you in Portland brother? :P

I think Posada needs to put some double stick tape on his glove.

LET'S GO METS

If its available, go fios and dump cable. saddest thing about moving to NYC was leaving fios behind.

NY Mets - 1-0

Red Sox - 1-0

NY Yankees - 0-1

Thats what I call a great start.

Hey Reliance, I'll make you a bet; which team winds up with a better record in the AL East, I get the Yanks and you get the socks.

Loser has to take the Scotia Prince or whatever the ferry's name is now from Yarmouth to Portland or the other way, meet the winner and buy him drinks and dinner.

~See you in Portland brother? :P

There is no ferry unless you can swim.

Yankees at LA Dodgers tonight on Fox. Yankees have won the first two of the series, and people are wondering about the drama between A-Rod and Joe Torre, as Joe portrayed A-Rod to be a whiner poser in his book.

This is the first time Joe Torre has faced the Yankees since leaving as manager where the N.Y. Yankees won four World Championships under his management.

~thank God for baseball. You know, when there's so much going on these days; I know the financial pressure for the brothers and sisters on the job, an additional drag on the psyche. For us down here, it's keeping a constant eye on the BP camera from Skandi ROV2 which shows the overflow oil blowing around the "containment cap", minute by minute so much oil is continuing to pollute the Gulf. We don't know if and when it will hit us here. Kind of makes us feel vulnerable, but what are you going to do. So we wait. We try to go to the beach more.

And then there's the Yankees.

Picked up that MLB package as discussed earlier. Funny part is how many Yankee games get broadcast down here in HD in FLA on Fox, ESPN, TBS, MLB TV, etc. A lotta misplaced and wandering Yankee fans around these parts.....heh heh. Honestly, the 18 mile stretch keeps the wandering types off the islands mostly, but what could keep out an assault from the water of an oil blob that's, say..10 miles long? We wait, hope and pray it doesn't come this way. And in the meantime....."play ball."

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/incident_response/STAGING/local_assets/html/Skandi_ROV2.html

Make sure your SatDish is mounted with wing nuts and not lag bolts.

You want to be able to take it with you to get the Yankee games when you evacuate.

It's Hurricane Season, you know.

ALSO!!! An old sailor's method for calming the sea was to pour oil on the water. Did BP ever hear of that?