Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FIREPIX21

FIREPIX21 Photography

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I'm sure most of you may know me or have seen my username from FIREPICS.NET, browsing through I noticed lots of great data, resourses and photographers so I decided to join right away, lol!

Below is Miami-Dade Rescue-4 in Coral Reef, she is one of 14 newly delivered Spartan Furion/Braun recently placed in service.

Miami-Dade County Fire Rescue

Rescue-4 Coral Reef

2010 Spartan Furion/Braun

Photo by: Alex M. Poitevien Jr.

post-19533-127313870555.jpg

Edited by FIREPIX21

Hey guys! I'm sure most of you may know me or have seen my username from FIREPICS.NET, browsing through I noticed lots of great data, resourses and photographers so I decided to join right away, lol!

Below is Miami-Dade R4 in Coral Reef, she is one of 14 newly delivered Spartan Furion/Braun recently placed in service.

Rescue-4 Coral Reef

2010 Spartan Furion/Braun

post-19533-127313870555.jpg

FYI... For my old brothers north of the Mason-Dixon.... a rescue's primary function down here is as an ambulance... As is the unit pictured. A heavy rescue or squad would be an extrication/confined space/USAR/high angle/etc unit. Because rescues down here are almost exclusively staffed with firefighters, they may also have mini CAFS pumps, basic firefighting and extrication equipment, and full PPE for the two FF's staffing the unit.

Edited by mfc2257

Hey Alex, welcome aboard and thanks for sharing the pic, hope to see more in the future.

My department, Buchanan, will be taking delivery of a new rescue on a Spartan Furion chassis very soon. You may have seen the post and pictures of it, but i have included the link anyway.

Its pretty sad that Miami's ambulances have "real" sirens , but our new rescue will not lol.

Buchanan's to-be-delievered Spartan Furion:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=36235

FYI... For my old brothers north of the Mason-Dixon.... a rescue's primary function down here is as an ambulance... As is the unit pictured. A heavy rescue or squad would be an extrication/confined space/USAR/high angle/etc unit. Because rescues down here are almost exclusively staffed with firefighters, they may also have mini CAFS pumps, basic firefighting and extrication equipment, and full PPE for the two FF's staffing the unit.

I believe Miami Dade staffs these rescues with and officer and 2 firefighters.

You are correct. I mis-typed 2 FF's....

Edited by mfc2257

You are correct. I mis-typed 2 FF's....

Ed and 16Fire5...thanks for the info. Interesting staffing set-up that they have. Pretty cool that they run an off and 2 FF's on the ambulance. Even better is that they are equipped to run "non-ems" calls as well.

Welcome Alex good to see you on the Bravo.

Keep your pic's coming on here as well.

Chris

Ed and 16Fire5...thanks for the info. Interesting staffing set-up that they have. Pretty cool that they run an off and 2 FF's on the ambulance. Even better is that they are equipped to run "non-ems" calls as well.

Even though these rigs are equipped with other equipment, their role is primarily as a transport unit. A mini CAFS pump (don't know if MDFR units are equipped but some FL departments are) may be used to knock a car fire if the engine is delayed.... same with a combi tool if the engine, truck or heavy squad is delayed (I forget if MDFR Rescue's carries tools but some FL departments do). At a structure fire in the rescue's first due, the crew would fall in with the crew from the engine or truck. At a structure fire in the rescue's second due, they may help secure water supply and then stage as a transport unit. Each department's SOP/SOG is different but a large majority of FL fire departments staff their EMS units with FF/EMT's or FF/EMT-P's and those individuals have additional non-transport duties depending on what the nature of the call is and where they are in relation to their first due.

Glad to see you join here, Alex! Can't wait to see more of your photos!!

I love that Spartan/Braun!! It really does make a lot of sense as opposed to a conventional EMS chasis, as it is meant to be an emergency vehicle and carry the weight, and it also looks like it has a great turning radius!! Not to meantion looks awesome overall!

Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to it, thanks for the warm welcome. :D

Hey Alex, welcome aboard and thanks for sharing the pic, hope to see more in the future.

My department, Buchanan, will be taking delivery of a new rescue on a Spartan Furion chassis very soon. You may have seen the post and pictures of it, but i have included the link anyway.

Its pretty sad that Miami's ambulances have "real" sirens , but our new rescue will not lol.

Buchanan's to-be-delievered Spartan Furion:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=36235

BFD1054,

Great spy-shots, I can't wait to see the end result!! ;)

Another favorite is Miami-Dade Aerial-19 serving... North Miami. She makes part of 3 satellite TRT units across the county.

Aerial-19 North Miami West

2008 Spartan Gladiator/Rosenbauer 1500/500/60'

post-19533-127321168058.jpg

Delivered last year, Miami-Dade Engine-40 serving... South Miami is one of eight PUC's ordered by MDFR.

Engine-40 South Miami

2009 Pierce Arrow XT PUC 1500/750

post-19533-127321343258.jpg

I was recently in Hillsborough County, Florida. Here are a couple gorgeous pieces I shot. :D

First up is Hillsborough County Engine-09, delivered back in 2009 she stands sharp!

Hillsborough County Fire Rescue

Engine-09

2009 E-One Cyclone II 2000/600/55' Snozzle

post-19533-127322290552.jpg

Next is Tampa Engine-12, delivered back in 2008 she sports Tampa's new pewter over red paint scheme.

Tampa Fire Rescue

Engine-12

2008 Pierce Quantum 1500/500

post-19533-12732234017.jpg

Jesus Christ - they have better staffing on an ambulance than most career departments in this area have on engines or trucks!

Another favorite is Miami-Dade Aerial-19 serving... North Miami. She makes part of 3 satellite TRT units across the county.Miami-Dade County Fire RescueAerial-19 North Miami West2008 Spartan Gladiator/Rosenbauer 1500/500/60'Photo by: Alex M. Poitevien Jr.post-19533-127321168058.jpg

Does this rig function/respond as an engine or a ladder?

Jesus Christ - they have better staffing on an ambulance than most career departments in this area have on engines or trucks!

Does this rig function/respond as an engine or a ladder?

x129K,

It operates as both, more or less the same functions as a quint. MDFR designations differ from the standard.

....they have better staffing on an ambulance than most career departments in this area have on engines or trucks!

I'm not 100% sure how long that staffing is going to last. They are facing the possibility of eliminating nearly 400 positions. Maybe per unit staffing stays the same and eliminate positions by closing companies as Local 1403 reports on their website last week.....

Eliminate Fire Boat and the Marine Services Bureau 1

Eliminate 12 Squads

Eliminate Engine or Truck 16

Eliminate Platform (Tower) 21

Eliminate Rescues 70, 69, 56, 44, 43, 26, 50

Eliminate Engines 64, 35, 5, 40, 4

Eliminate Truck 22

Eliminate 2 Battalion Chiefs

I was recently in Hillsborough County, Florida. Here are a couple gorgeous pieces I shot. :D

First up is Hillsborough County Engine-09, delivered back in 2009 she stands sharp!

Hillsborough County Fire Rescue

Engine-09

2009 E-One Cyclone II 2000/600/55' Snozzle

post-19533-127322290552.jpg

That is a SWEET truck. Why is it "Special Operations?"