Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

The Shoutbox Is Back! (Incident Alert Live)

37 posts in this topic

Hopefully it works out good. If it does, it will be another great addition to a great forum.

How about an Android App :D

I Like the idea, it will keep the clutter from the recent topics section and some good topics will not be burried under dozens of "IA Questions" such as the infamous "Does anyone know whats going on in..." There is sometimes a few days in between when I can log on and I go to find a specific topic Im following and its burried under these questions, so I like this feature. Good job to the staff and keep it coming.

I think the revival of the SB has already proved it's worth with the flooding activity over the past 24 hours!

It is to be used for putting out incidents in real time, even minor incidents. For example, someone can post in the box "Ardsley responding to a car fire on the New York State Thruway" or to inquire about incidents, such as "What does Somers have?".

As was asked and OK'ed, it is permissible to post a heads up or "possible" in the Shout Box.

firedude likes this

As was asked and OK'ed, it is permissible to post a heads up or "possible" in the Shout Box.

Yes, your right. As soon as it is 100% confirmed, an IA should be posted (to the best of the posters ability).

I know I am guilty of it, but can we please try to cut out the personal conversation and move that to pm's.

x129K likes this

A couple of housekeeping items for the Incident Alert Live Shoutbox

1. Rules of the forum still apply in the shoutbox

2. Members SHOULD NOT give advice, opinions, or self moderate to other members via the shoutbox on what should be considered an Incident Alert or shouldn't. Additonally, the shoutbox is not the place to discuss this. If you have concerns about an IA or Shout, please contact a staff member-that's what WE are here for. However, feel free to use this thread for any general complaints, ideas, etc.

3. With the above in mind, PLEASE use common sense when using the shoutbox. An automatic fire alarm IS NOT appropriate for the shoutbox. The shoutbox is meant to post potential incidents, heads up, times when there isn't enough information for an Incident Alert, simple breaking incident discussion etc.

4. Again, routine calls such as automatic fire alarms, simple MVA's, everyday calls- they don't need to be posted in the shoutbox or at all. PLEASE USE YOUR BEST DISCRETION WHEN TRYING TO DETERMINE IF AN INCIDENT IS SHOUTWORTHY.

x129K likes this