Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HCFRFF

Old open Cab from Mt Kisco

17 posts in this topic

post-114-127479752611.jpgpost-114-127479753897.jpg

So i found this ole beauty in Conway,SC (20 mins inland from Myrtle Beach). It turns out my buddy who is a Battaion Chief for Horry County Fire/Rescue owns it. Can anyone give a lil history lesson about this engine? Thanks.

I took these pictures with my iphone.

This is a 1964 LaFrance - 1000 gpm with 300 gallon tank. Yes it was sold when we purchased our (still in service) 1989 Pierce (Engine 105). I drove this to many calls during my early years in the company. We also had another open cab 1959 LaFrance (Eng 106) very similiar to this one pictured which I also drove to many calls in snow, sleet, pouring rain and lightening storms. I learned to drive on both the La France's when I joined in 1972.

George Rubin

Ex Capt.

IFCO Mt. Kisco, NY.

What are the significance of the "7" and "11" on the old and new front corners?

I think that is how many trucks the company had over the years

7 is the 7th truck that the department owned, 11 is the 11th truck that the department owned...

Boy it's nice to see this truck again! This was a great engine in our company. It's what I learned to drive and pump on years ago - when you really had to know what you were doing. As George mentioned, it served our company well until it was replaced in 1989. I still remember the final ride with it, George driving back up 128 from Armonk - with about 20 guys hanging off the truck. What a blast from the past!

One of our great members purchased this truck in 1989 and kept it for a few years before selling it himself. And yes, the 7 meant that it was the 7th engine purchased by the company.

You guys should get it back

Boy it's nice to see this truck again! This was a great engine in our company. It's what I learned to drive and pump on years ago - when you really had to know what you were doing. As George mentioned, it served our company well until it was replaced in 1989. I still remember the final ride with it, George driving back up 128 from Armonk - with about 20 guys hanging off the truck. What a blast from the past!

One of our great members purchased this truck in 1989 and kept it for a few years before selling it himself. And yes, the 7 meant that it was the 7th engine purchased by the company.

I was told last night during our weekly checklist that this truck is going to be turned into a mobile pizza truck. They will replace the tank and hose bed with a pizza oven and travel around to events making pizza. It will be interesting to see this truck after it is all done serving pizza.

Thanks for the info guys. Im not sure that hes gonna turn it into a pizza maker but he was thinking baout turning in to a mobile BBQ for fund raisers and such. I had the pleasure of shinning her up the other day for a parade this weekend in North Myrtle Beach. If any of you guys come to Myrtle for Vacation this summer and wanna come see it feel free to contact me and i can set it up for ya

C'mon! You guys have to figure out a way to get this back! Especially since it looks to be in fairly good condition!

Does Mount Kisco even have an antique?

C'mon! You guys have to figure out a way to get this back! Especially since it looks to be in fairly good condition!

Does Mount Kisco even have an antique?

The mutuals have their antique that they just got back from the firemans home??? Not sure if thats the correct place but they just got it back a month ago and the Independents are in the process of getting our 1923 segrave back to gether and built. Also im not posative on the year and make of the Mutuals antique, hopfully someone can help me out with some info on that. So overall theirs one antique built and not running,last time i heard, and thats the mutuals, and the independents are working on putting back together our antique.

The mutuals antique is a 1927 American LaFrance pumper. They donated it to the state museum in 1988 i believe. I have photos and will post them soon. I visted the museum in march.

I was told last night during our weekly checklist that this truck is going to be turned into a mobile pizza truck. They will replace the tank and hose bed with a pizza oven and travel around to events making pizza. It will be interesting to see this truck after it is all done serving pizza.

Pizzetta out in Mystic, CT did this to one of Noank Fire Co.'s of Groton old Pierce Dash pumper. Actually came out nice and its a hit.

I got to drive her the other day! Makes u love power steering! LOL.