Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sfrd18

New Rochelle New Engine

11 posts in this topic

The City of New Rochelle is accepting bids for a new engine through 5/25/10.

City of New Rochelle Fire Department Bidding Information

Does anyone have any new information on who the manufacturer of the new rig will be? I don't think it will be an expensive model, on account of the NRFD's recent spending on the purchases of their new Rescue 4 and new Engine 25.

Edited by sfrd18

Does anyone have any new information on who the manufacturer of the new rig will be? I don't think it will be an expensive model, on account of the NRFD's recent spending on the purchases of their new Rescue 4 and new Engine 25.

The Bids are being evaluated, an award has not been determined.

Why does the price of those rigs have any bearing on this one?

I just took a look at the bid spec, well thought out (and open). Just a couple of comments on it.

This is the first time I have seen the two "brow" lights speced out for flash operation in response mode. No concern here, just the first time I have heard of this.

Second, section 7.1 specs a Cummins engine, while section 18.1.19 requires a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty on the Detroit Diesel engine :huh: . I've been on two apparatus committees and read word for word both specs, just to know what we were getting. Again no comment here, just pointing out what I skimmed over. Looks good though. Best of luck with it.

I just took a look at the bid spec, well thought out (and open). Just a couple of comments on it.

This is the first time I have seen the two "brow" lights speced out for flash operation in response mode. No concern here, just the first time I have heard of this.

Second, section 7.1 specs a Cummins engine, while section 18.1.19 requires a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty on the Detroit Diesel engine :huh: . I've been on two apparatus committees and read word for word both specs, just to know what we were getting. Again no comment here, just pointing out what I skimmed over. Looks good though. Best of luck with it.

Thanks

We have the brow lights that can flash on Rescue 4

That error was corrected and updated to all prospective vendors about a month ago.

Thanks again.

Thanks

We have the brow lights that can flash on Rescue 4

That error was corrected and updated to all prospective vendors about a month ago.

Thanks again.

Wow! I guess I've been out of the job a long time. What are 'flashing brow lights'?

Wow! I guess I've been out of the job a long time. What are 'flashing brow lights'?

I think that these are the LED version, not halogen, correct?

It is a flashing type light that Barry has on his forehead to attract attention, It goes well with his personel back up alarm !

It is a flashing type light that Barry has on his forehead to attract attention, It goes well with his personel back up alarm !

Thanks! That clears it up ... I think???

Brow lights are floods mounted just above the windshield. On R-4 we have 1 that is 120V Halagen and 2 Whelen Pioneer LED's. THey are flood lights, but becuase they are LED's, throw a switch and they are flashers.

post-4072-127550268624.jpg

Wow that is sick!! That's the largest bumper I have ever seen on a rig.

I would be concerned with blinding oncoming traffic with those brow floods flashing though.

Top Hat Wig Wags....excellent idea!

And that bumper is MILD compared to some we have seen here!