Sponsored by: FireEngines.net &

The Connecticut Fire Photographers Association

Featuring Code 3 Collectibles

Unveiling a new release!

Saturday July 17, 2010

Sheraton Four Points Hotel

275 Research Parkway Meriden, CT

**FREE ADMISSION**

*Model emergency vehicle displays – 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

*Vendors – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

*Apparatus displays & demonstrations – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Photography Show & Presentations – 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Wiitth speciiall guestt – Ltt.. Tiim Klletttt,, F..D..N..Y

**Photography Show Admission $10.00/Person**

Contact Mike Quinn for further information on attending, displaying, hotel

rooms. Vendor space ($20.00 per booth), demonstrators and display booths,

are no charge. M1968Q@aol.com (203) 213-3056

If you have nothing to do, take a ride up to Meriden. There will be alot to see, vendors will be selling firematic

items. Current and vintage apparatus will be on display. It will be a good day out for all.

Right now I am off from work so hopefully I will be albe to attend and meet up with everyone. Sounds like a great night!

Bump for this weekend!

I drove up to this event from from Yonkers. I must say that this event was VERY disappointing. They advertised on their flyer that there was to be apparatus on display from 10AM - 6PM. I arrived at about 3 pm and when i went to look at the apparatus, there was NONE - that's right NONE. My intention was to get there around 1500 - check out the apparatus then go and check out the vendors, both of which were scheduled to be open until 1800. I figured that would leave me enough time then to grab a bite at the hotel before the 1900 photo show. After finding NO apparatus, except the Engine from Meriden parked out back that was in miserable condition, I was able to get through the exhibit/vendor room in about 20 minutes.

Some of the collectors present had some pretty neat stuff on display as well as a guy who had kitbashed apparatus and dioramas'. I made a couple of purchases and that was it. With 3 hours to kill before the photo show I decided to cut my losses and head back to NY. It was ABSOLUTELY NOT worth the time,effort and gas to go to this event.

I found one of the event organizers and registered my complaint about the apparatus with him and his answer is that "well we had the rigs for as long as we had them and that's it". The point is the event was advertised until 6 pm - the rigs should have been there until 6 pm. If the rigs were all gone after being there for the morning only, (which is what I was told happened), then how is someone from way out of town supposed to kill an entire day before the photo show?

I understand that this was the first time the event was hosted - but I don't hold much hope this event for the future. When I registered my complaint with the organizer, I could tell it fell on deaf ears - doesn't matter - I won't be back.

If you live in the general area of the event - its worth it I guess to stop by as soon as the event opens, but by no means should anyone contemplate going from a distance. You will be sorely disappointed.

Kevin Heckman

Agreed, I only stopped in because I was on my way home from Hartford. The collections were nice, but there was not a lot there too keep anyone there for any amount of time. Kevin, at about 1200 there were only 4 or 5 apparatus there, nothing special at all. Most were in service pieces.

I was unable to attend yesterdays event but Thursday & Friday the organizer, Mike Quinn, put together photo shoots all throughout Connecticut. I attended Thursdays shoot and got a great tour of Connecticut and shot over 40 rigs. The highlight of the day was definitely a stop at Bradley International Airport to photograph all their apparatus. We also got to photograph and go up in Cromwell, CT's 100' Bronto Skylift. There were about 12 of us on the tour, met some really nice people.

I haven't had a chance to upload all the photos from the shoot, but here is what I have uploaded so far:

http://www.brianduddy.com/g/ct

A photo from Bradley International Airport

DSC_5762.jpg

I too made the trip from Yonkers and I am glad that I did. I thought the show was fantastic. It was a small show for the first year that it was put together and Mike Quinn that organized it did a great job. I believe that if this happens again next year it will grow even bigger. Code 3 along with several orther fire vendors were there selling.

Code 3 also introduced the new Hartford Engine 7 and the actual apparatus was brought down to the show.

The Fire Musters that we all enjoyed at the Kensico Dam and Valhalla are a thing of the past, those of you that attended yesterday is what we are seeing today. Many vendors that we saw every year at the flea markets are long gone. We should accept in what is there. It was a nice drive up and a great day to see old friends and make new ones. For those who wanted to see more apparatus, then you should have made an effort to be in on the photo shoot that was on Thursday and Friday.

They shouldnt have advertised apparatus being on display from 10 - 6 if that wasnt going to be the case. Plain and simple. I said for a first time show overall it was ok - def NOT worht the trip in my opinion. Yes I do agree with you Joe, its unfortunate that the Croton Pt Park & Kensico Muster days are gone.

Mike Quinn was hoping that the rigs would stay till 6pm, but the companies that showed up were there by 9:30am deceided to leave by 2pm. Meriden did have rotating companies showing up for photos, stayed awhile and left. So there were apparatus at the show. Like I said its a first time show give them a break, they tried to do the best they could. Yes I would have liked to have seen more apparatus there but you know I was just happy to show my support for this first time show. It's too bad I could not stay for the whole show as I heard the photo show at night was well attended and was a great night.

Photos of the apparatus that attended the actual event can be viewed here:

http://fireengines.net/convention2010/

The members of the fireengines.net website were very pleased with the event and some are encouraging this to be an annual event in Meriden, CT.

Here are a few more of the apparatus that were at the show

post-193-095329100 1279474563.jpg

post-193-095070800 1279474582.jpg

post-193-079182600 1279474607.jpg

post-193-026704000 1279474634.jpg

Windsor's new Ferrara Rescue Pumper was also there according to another board. I don't know how long it was there for though. The pic I saw it was parked next to John "Chief Brewmaster" Mayo's truck. (As for John's nickname, you need to come to the CT convention to know why!! ;) )

I was only able to make it out for the first day of photos, but unable to make the show. I echo Joe's statement, it's the first time something like this has been done, be a little more understanding. My hat's off to Mike for setting this up. It took a lot of work on his part, and instead of bashing him, maybe you should say thanks for setting it up.

I was only able to make it out for the first day of photos, but unable to make the show. I echo Joe's statement, it's the first time something like this has been done, be a little more understanding. My hat's off to Mike for setting this up. It took a lot of work on his part, and instead of bashing him, maybe you should say thanks for setting it up.

Ditto. I could only stay for a few hours, but it was great to finally meet some other modellers and buffs in person. By itself, that made it worth my trip.

I give Mike A LOT of credit for planning and carrying out this event. I saw this progress from concept to reality on another board, and it is impressive for a first year event. I'm sorry I couldn't attend myself.

I know different locations are being considered for next year as well, and I bet this event builds into a great annual success.