Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONLOCATION

Archville New Engine Production Pics

9 posts in this topic

Interesting, first time I've seen a foot switch for the electronic siren. Is this on a momentary switch? In our case the electronic siren is only used if the mechanical fails or if the operator is alone for some reason (out fueling up etc.)

Why does the driver need a pump pressure readout inside the cab above the drivers seat?

Interesting, first time I've seen a foot switch for the electronic siren. Is this on a momentary switch? In our case the electronic siren is only used if the mechanical fails or if the operator is alone for some reason (out fueling up etc.)

Its actually quite common to have one for the electronic. When our 1981 ALF Century cam in, there was not Q on it as we bought and installed our own. The foot switches were hooked up to the Federal electronic siren and when we installed the Q, a second switch was added. Even in the 2000 Pierce we have at work, we have on the rider's side three switches (Q, electronic and air horn) needless to say we dance a lot!! Hahahaha!

Why does the driver need a pump pressure readout inside the cab above the drivers seat?

The PUC features "pump and roll" capability.

The PUC features "pump and roll" capability.

Yes, and in a wildland unit one might need it, but how often will this unit pump and roll on Rt9?

Yes, and in a wildland unit one might need it, but how often will this unit pump and roll on Rt9?

Being that I have not had first hand experience with a PUC, I can only speculate that it might be a standard option.

Being that I have not had first hand experience with a PUC, I can only speculate that it might be a standard option.

The puc only comes as a pump and roll, beyond that almost nothing is standard, everything costs extra (including this gauge)

You would think if the "pump and roll" feature is standard....any sort of safety, warning device or gauge that would be associated with the feature would also come standard...oh well.

Edited by spin_the_wheel