Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monty

Two Rocky Mount, Virginia FF LODD

11 posts in this topic

Rocky Mount Fire Chief (who was also Vice Mayor) Posey Dillon and veteran Firefighter / Ex-Chief Danny Altice were killed in the Line of Duty yesterday while responding on a fire call. The RMVFD was dispatched and responding to a working dwelling fire in nearby Union Hall
Two Rocky Mount firefighters died Monday in a collision involving their fire truck as they responded to a call, Mayor Steve Angle said.

The names of the victims have not been released and Angle declined to identify the men.

Read originial ==>> Fredericksburg.com - 2 Va firefighters die in accident on way to fire, 4th Ld-Writethru, VA http://fredericksburg.com/News/apmethods/apstory?urlfeed=WFA/content/AP%20Virginia%20State%20News%20-%20No%20Weather/74e70668f2f447d88ca40ca48d6e70bb-407b5431b230489796058d9707c1e826-entry.xml#ixzz0upy9AaOG

A very sad couple of days for the Fire Service. RIP Brothers, thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of these two firefighters.

Edited by Monty

May they all rest in peace. Prayers go out to the family, friends and brothers in this sad time.

RIP brothers. prayers for them and family/friends

rest in peace my brothers of rocky mount, va my condulances go out to both of there families.

First and formost condolences to the families nothing we can say will be able to bring back your loved ones. A tragic thing for any fire department to go through.

Every year we see this unfold befor our eyes and every year we are sad, 100 firefighters dies each and every year, one of the things we can do to bring this number down is LEARN form the unforseem situations.

When you are behind the wheel of a fire apparatus drive like your life depends on it---cause it just might. Apparatus and POV accidents account for over 25% of firefighter deaths.

Rest in Peace... Thoughts and prayers to their families and department

At first I thought the Title must be wrong. Anybody who has driven I-95 south enough times, knows how when you get into southern Virginia, you set your sites on Rocky Mount...North Carolina and count the miles down.

This Rocky Mount, VA is way out west, closer to Roanoke, I-81 and the Blue Ridge Mountains.

~Rest in Peace.