Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notch138

Pleasant Valley Setting up EMS Lines

9 posts in this topic

At least the tax payer's know just what there getting. I hope this works out for the EMS side of thing.

PoJo

$3500 to draw up a map and plan???? How about having the Pleasant Valley Fire District assume the contract since they are Pleasant Valley's experts when it comes to Fire and EMS in Pleasant Valley?

64FFMJK likes this

Sounds like a good idea chief, unfortunately we wont follow in your foot steps, makes too much sense.

It seems the Fire District has very little say and the Rescue Squad has even less!!! The Town is the ultimate ruler over EMS in Pleasant Valley

From the Poughkeepsie Urinal:

Volunteers on the Pleasant Valley Rescue Squad respond to medical emergencies in the evenings, overnights and on weekends. Because of work obligations, many of the volunteers are not available to respond to medical emergencies during weekdays, requiring the assistance of the professional ambulance service.

We do respond during the day, not alot but we do! We also send our paid staff to high priority calls to assist Hudson Valley Paramedics. I think if anything Mr Hart and Mr McNair should come down and fill out an application! I have 3 duty crew shifts and would be more than happy to give them one.

Edited by x1243
64FFMJK and effd3918 like this

"Many of the volunteers are not available to respond to medical emergencies during weekdays, requiring the assistance of the professional ambulance service."

Volunteers arent professional? Hmm.

That sounds like a shot to me.......

I called the Editor yesterday to try to set some of his article correct. Of course no response.

**Moderator Note**: Please feel free to try posting again when you can post without profanity, use proper grammar, spelling, and the occasional punctuation.

I'm not going to start a war here...but its semantics. Look up the definition of "professional" and under noun you will see it says a person who is paid to perform a service plain and simple. So let the pride guard down for 2 seconds.

Welcome to the complications of districts which encompass parts of 2 towns. I will say I applaud the town for paying attention to what goes on. Most have no idea until something goes wrong they don't like or they get complaints.

engine845 likes this