Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

A Public Service Announcement

13 posts in this topic

FYI...

A fireman's bell cap is intended to be worn with the brim facing the front.

No matter how cool you may think you look, it is never Ok to wear a uniform cap backwards. It is disrespectful to your uniform, your department, and the fire service as a whole.

It may even be grounds for a solid smack upside the head.

That is all.

FYI...

No matter how cool you may think you look, it is never Ok to wear a uniform cap backwards. It is disrespectful to your uniform, your department, and the fire service as a whole.

That is all.

Agreed 100% it's a respect issue I wish people would learn it.

FYI...

That is all.

So totally agree. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about this. I have walked up to other FF in bullpens and asked them to turn it around correctly or take it off

x129K likes this

What's your feelings about spouses, or significant others wearing it??

Same deal in my opion wear it right but no problem putting your cap on the (womem in your life or for the night) hahaha. But keep it respectfull to the uniform an the service.

x129K likes this

Absolutely fine so long as it is worn correctly, as Brother Ryan stated. Same standard applys to children. Nothing wrong with a family member sharing the pride of a Class A!

Reintroducing the Class A Fedora. Wear this wrong and you didn't get smacked....you got whacked!

post-1020-041311800 1282439339.jpg

I figured I'd ask. I used to date a girl who thought the idea was abhorrent. I don't particularly care for the idea myself. But, that's just me. Although I did have a picture of another girl I dated wearing my Coast Guard dress cover.

So totally agree. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about this. I have walked up to other FF in bullpens and asked them to turn it around correctly or take it off

I have a problem with watching firefighters in bullpens get plastered drunk in uniform while the community stands right outside- whether it be near a children's carnival or the center of the town. I do NOT support any public servants, whether paid or volunteer drinking while in uniform! Perhaps parade committees should look into banning "drinking bullpens" after parades.

I have a problem with watching firefighters in bullpens get plastered drunk in uniform while the community stands right outside- whether it be near a children's carnival or the center of the town. I do NOT support any public servants, whether paid or volunteer drinking while in uniform! Perhaps parade committees should look into banning "drinking bullpens" after parades.

supported 100%...you would be surprised who would agree with you.

I love beer. I love it an awful lot. ;)

Hard to beat free beer and dirty water dogs.

I make a point to remove my coat, uniform shirt, and most times my bell cap before partaking in a cold beverage or 6. I found I tended to keep my white cap on more than my black. :rolleyes:

I am pretty anal about my Class A...it is kept in a garment bag at all times, and that bag is on my truck when I am wearing it...it goes back on hangers and zipped up, to hang until it goes back into the closet.

Edited by x129K

I have to agree. I have seen some embarassing things go on after parades. Grown men acting like idiots in uniform.

I agree the bullpen can breed a lot of bad press for the service that's why its should be better thought out more control. Maybe inside some where no public can see and cut off before they are too drunk to stand. But the guys who want a beer deserve it in moderation and out of sight out of mind.