Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

Irvington NY Police Dept - 2010 Crown Victoria

9 posts in this topic

The Irvington (NY) Police Department recently took delivery of a 2010 Crown Victoria, marked patrol vehicle.

The Whelen LED warning system includes a fully loaded Liberty lightbar with LED alleys & takedowns, split red/white 400s and LINZ6s (on the Go Rhino pushbumper) and LAW HideAways in the front corners. The rear of the vehicle has a rear deck dual Avenger and LAWs in the brake and backup lights. Overall system control is by way of a 295SLSA6 controller.

The center console is a Havis Stout Mount Series, which contains the dual cup holder, 12V power outlets, Havis/LEDCO laptop mount, and Whelen controller.

The prisoner containment system is made by Pro Gard and includes the solid front partition with ABS transport seat and floorpan. The outside graphics package is all reflective, matching the other vehicles in the IPD fleet.

Specialty Warning Systems appreciates the confidence the Irvington PD has placed in us, to provide their new vehicles and looks forward to a long working relationship in the future.

post-7323-036147900 1282791224.jpg

post-7323-088694800 1282791244.jpg

post-7323-036009500 1282791265.jpg

post-7323-098920800 1282791285.jpg

post-7323-081003200 1282791312.jpg

Really is a nice looking unit. But on the whole, these patrol cars today don't have enough room inside. Can you imagine some of the larger cops trying to squeeze in behind that wheel, with that damn cage right behind the seat?

I don't know, but I'd put 'em all in Tahoes......

Can you imagine some of the larger cops trying to squeeze in behind that wheel, with that damn cage right behind the seat?

Or enforce at least some degree of physical fitness in a career that relies upon it. :lol:

Or enforce at least some degree of physical fitness in a career that relies upon it. :lol:

I mean the big bones guys! lol

Edit: uh oh....the larger framed gentlemen and ladies... :blink:

Edited by efdcapt115

true about not just PD...

Really is a nice looking unit. But on the whole, these patrol cars today don't have enough room inside. Can you imagine some of the larger cops trying to squeeze in behind that wheel, with that damn cage right behind the seat?

The front seats are not too bad, as long as you keep the seat back more in the upright position ( i.e not reclined ). The real problem is the rear seats, for agencies that use them to move officers around. I'm 5' 08" and barely fit in the rear of the cars we use in the city that have partitions.

The Chevy Impala's were MUCH worse. Fords announced today they are releasing a pursuit rated 2011 Ford Explorer shortly.