Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Port Chester- 2nd Alarm 9-7 Pics

18 posts in this topic

0935 app Engine 58,61,63,ladder 31 Rescue 40. Engine 58 on location with a 3 story thru roof and 3rd floor windows 2nd alarm Engine 64, U-65

post-289-098915400 1283881768.jpg

Rescue 40 & StOpGoBULE [ EMT Bravo Members] go to work on the tip of Ladder 31

post-289-031472900 1283882076.jpg

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Rescue 40 & StOpGoBULE [ EMT Bravo Members] go to work on the tip of Ladder 31

HEY I KNOW THOSE GUYS!!! You think they'll autograph the pic for me Angelo?? LOL

Great job fellas!!!

The Journal News says 15 people were displaced by that fire. 15! You never know what your gonna get.

The Journal News says 15 people were displaced by that fire. 15! You never know what your gonna get.

Thankfully they all got out safely or were not home!

Engine 58 [1988 Fire Cat ] still doing it!

Wow!!! The old Engine 58 still pumping fires!!! Does anyone know when the New Engine 58 will arrive? I heard sometime this or next month?

Wow!!! The old Engine 58 still pumping fires!!! Does anyone know when the New Engine 58 will arrive? I heard sometime this or next month?

PCFD ENG58 is the man to ask and there was a previous thread about the new engine. Don't think is arrive in PC yet, or has it?

PCFD ENG58 is the man to ask and there was a previous thread about the new engine. Don't think is arrive in PC yet, or has it?

Still up by you in Rocky Hill Conn. for outfitting we are looking at Sept. 15

Welcome to the Village of Port Chester " Its like a box of s@!* You never know what your gonna get! Bronxfireradio, one block from work!

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Welcome to the Village of Port Chester " Its like a box of s@!* You never know what your gonna get! Bronxfireradio, one block from work!

Yes it was! I smelled it (smoke was being sucked into the building's ventilation system on the roof), looked outside and saw the haze, went to the other side of the building and saw fire blowtorching out the attic. I grabbed the lousy work camera and took a couple shots and videos - will post them tomorrow.

Right across the street from a similar attic fire in February of 2006.

For those of us that have been around a long time, 38 years for me"fire service", Willow street has always been hot and heavy. Today it is half the size it use to be, more then half the building were 3 story cold water flats all gone to fire, It also has the sad history that during WW-2 it lost more men per street then any other street in the nation, 7 Men did not come home to Willow st! and it was only 150 yards long.

For those of us that have been around a long time, 38 years for me"fire service", Willow street has always been hot and heavy. Today it is half the size it use to be, more then half the building were 3 story cold water flats all gone to fire, It also has the sad history that during WW-2 it lost more men per street then any other street in the nation, 7 Men did not come home to Willow st! and it was only 150 yards long.

Remember Willow Street well, usually every Thanksgiving or Christmas..... dual company call 526, followed by someone running out of the alley way pulling box 34. Would watch the old man run up Slater st and meet the old fox. Great views of those cold water flats burn from my bedroom.

Nice job on that one fella's. Everyone wants to pull up to that!!

Chief Phil, I bet your dad had some great stories for you . Those guys made us what we are today as a dept.I miss the old days of automatic boxes,watching the ticker and listening to the horn.