Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cutty630

Bedford Hills FD New Car 2033

14 posts in this topic

The Bedford Hills Fire Department has recently taken delivery the new Car 2033, a 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe - Special Services Series. The Whelen emergency lighting and Havis-Shields console was furnished by Warnock Automotive Group and installed by Pulsoni Custom Installations in Sleepy Hollow. The reflective striping and gold-leaf was completed by Forest Hills of Long Island. The vehicle is a duplicate to the current Car 2031, a 2007 Chevrolet 2500 Series Suburban and Car 2032, a 2009 Chevrolet 2500 Series Suburban.

The Whelen CenCom siren, Kenwood and Motorola mobile radios are housed in a Havis-Shields 30" console. Console accessories include: side mounted armrests, cupholders and a 9" storage compartment containing a vehicle charger for portable radio and a Streamlight Stinger flashlight.

A rear custom cabinet was fabricated by Chivvis Enterprises in Long Island. The cabinet provides storage for the command board, SCBA, gear and other related firefighting equipment. A special shelf was constructed to allow for the emergency radio equipment to be mounted on

swivels.

A special thanks to BHFD's very own Ex-Capt. Ross Burbank and his staff at Burquip in Bedford Hills for fabricating the custom mounting bracket for the Knox-Box Sentralock.

post-188-075187000 1284412903.jpg

post-188-095080700 1284412916.jpg

post-188-090202500 1284412935.jpg

post-188-046701400 1284412951.jpg

post-188-065295600 1284412959.jpg

post-188-079312200 1284412969.jpg

post-188-056431700 1284412990.jpg

post-188-038442900 1284413002.jpg

post-188-053350600 1284413013.jpg

firedude likes this

Great looking Chiefs truck. Nice touch with the WeatherTech custom floor mats.laugh.gif Best of luck with it.

I really like those new Knox boxes, we have one installed on our first out engine. No more calling dispatch for the "bee-doo-dip" unlock code, just punch in you programed ID and it logs it automatically. Nice set up!

Looks very slick! Nice install. 3 radios though? Looks like Westchester needs some frequency unification!

What is going to happen to the ford f-250 4 door, maybe a utility?????????????

Looks very slick! Nice install. 3 radios though? Looks like Westchester needs some frequency unification!

1 is BPD who does have a dispatcher, 1 is Trunking for primary communication and 1 is 46.26 as a back up to Fire 16 so if Trunking goes down there is a plan B

The old 2033, a 2003 ford F-350, has now become utility 6. The reason for the three radio's is that one is the trunking radio, one is low band and one is high band.

I tell ya that was a smart move keeping that f350 and using it as a runabout, we bought a 2010 f350 and we use it for everything, it really does come in handy. Nice tahoe by the way!

Looks great....cant wait to see it in TOB, Joe....are you assigned this car? Why the switch from suburbans to tahoes?

Looks great....cant wait to see it in TOB, Joe....are you assigned this car? Why the switch from suburbans to tahoes?

bvfdjc316- yes, I was fortunate to have the car assigned to me. As far as switching from a suburban to a tahoe, it was a timing thing. We missed out on the original state bid for the suburban and happen to find the Tahoe. We are very happy though. I believe BVFD is getting a new tahoe also, rumor has it.

Looks awesome!! Very nicely set up!

On the Tahoe note, IMO, Tahoes are perfect....I think Suburbans are too big anyways for a command vehicle.

bvfdjc316- yes, I was fortunate to have the car assigned to me. As far as switching from a suburban to a tahoe, it was a timing thing. We missed out on the original state bid for the suburban and happen to find the Tahoe. We are very happy though. I believe BVFD is getting a new tahoe also, rumor has it.

Congratulations..nice new ride, I like the Tahoes, they match nicely with the BPD Tahoes, they also are much easier to navigate on narrow Bedford roads....so will they be letting you take this out on patrol or will you have to bring your chiefs hat on one of the BPD cars?

All kidding aside, you would have a better idea as to what they are getting then I would due to sheer proximity. I would be willing to guess the rumor mill is correct and a new chiefs car would be in the works but really your guess would be as good as mine.