Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

Old firehouse pics

9 posts in this topic

Time flies....I was looking through some old firehouse pics to post on another thread, when I realized I had quite a few pics of some Westchester houses that are no longer in service. These pics were taken 10 or so years ago...not really a long time in the scheme of things. Time marches on and so does progress.

old Port Chester House.

portchesteroldhouse.jpg

Briarcliff Manor house

fhbriarcliffold.jpg

Mamaro house

fhmamaroold.jpg

Mamoroneck ladder 20 house.

fholdmamaroneckl20.jpg

Ossining HQ/Patrol/dispatch

fhossiningoldhq.jpg

Ossining L41....with the old Maxim sitting there. An old timer was sitting outside on that chair.

fhossiningoldl42.jpg

here is Croton HQ under construction...another old maxim Ladder sitting there.

fhcrotonhq.jpg

Port Chester "Tin House"

portchestertinhouse.jpg

Edited by spin_the_wheel
JetPhoto and efdcapt115 like this

In the time of horse-drawns, firehouses had high ceilings so that horses harnesses could hang.

When Hartsdale Sta 1 was built, the era of motorized apparatus was upon us. An Engine was about the size of a large SUV. Who'da thunk that Engines would grow but door openings would remain the same? And no, it isn't photoshopped.

post-1066-040724400 1288581257.jpg

Where and when was that tin house? Looks like the east side of South Main Street just north of Purdy Street. I see One Gateway Plaza on the left (hey! I can see my office from here!) and possibly South Port Mews behind. Photo facing West? This is now the Stop and Shop/Waterfront parking lot, if my bearings are correct.

Was PCFD's Tin House a temporary quarters until the new South End Firehouse on Grace Church St. was built? Or, was it set up to house either Engine 61 or 63 due to problems with the old South End Firehouse, or something different?

If I remember right, I stopped to talk with a member who pulled up while I was taking the pics...the Yellow Maxim was here, and the other Eng that was with it at the old firehouse was at HQ. This was becuase the old house was condemned, I dont think they started building the new station yet. Not sure of the year I think it was 2000.

If I remember right, I stopped to talk with a member who pulled up while I was taking the pics...the Yellow Maxim was here, and the other Eng that was with it at the old firehouse was at HQ. This was becuase the old house was condemned, I dont think they started building the new station yet. Not sure of the year I think it was 2000.

E61 was in the tin house, E63 to FHQ, was condemned due to the building falling apart. They built the new station and had the open house/wetdown June 30th, 2001.

I forget the name of the street, but the PC tin house was a couple of blocks past the Willett House, just before Pathmark, if I remember right.

I forget the name of the street, but the PC tin house was a couple of blocks past the Willett House, just before Pathmark, if I remember right.

It was on Brick oven road, which is now Waterfront Place. The temp firehouse[sta.3 engine 61] was right where the cross road is within the parking deck building for Stop & Shop. The tin house is still around relocated to D.P.W. on Fox Island Road.

Here is another pic I took from the lot of where the tin house was, you could see the old firehouse in the distance.

fhportchester.jpg

also found a pic of the old Ardsley firehouse.

fhardsley.jpg