Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Board Technical Difficulties 11-8-10

23 posts in this topic

I don't know what was done in the latest work when the board went down, but I am showing all kinds of error messages, and now the one post I tried to post shows it's in the PFTP index, and it's posted 4 times. I can't delete any of them. It's not showing on the main board. EEssh :blink:

Early this morning I tried to post a picture of Yonkers Foam Unit and received an error message. Then I tried to delete the post and its not letting me do so.

The system is getting an SQL error and it must be coming from the Sequal Server.

Edited by jjpinto

What browser were you using? (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)?

Can you try an replicate the problem again and write down exactly what the error states and post it here so we can look it up. This will help us a lot to figure out what may be causing the issue.

Now try this to see if the error comes up again after you have replicated it. Clean out your Internet files, history, cookies ect from your web browsers, delete all offline content as well. Just make sure that you do not erase any of your saved passwords, ect before you do it, or make a back up of them. After which , do a reboot of your computer by totally shutting down the system, wait a few and then bring it back up. Bring up your browser and try to replicate the problem again and see if it is the same or a different error message.

I could be that with the new upgrades, the cookies and temp internet files may be the leading cause of it since its "looking" for some script which may not be there anymore. After cleaning out your cashe you should not have the problem any more if its local. If the error still comes up more than likely its on the server end.

Try it and let us know.

Also is this the error you got?

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: SELECT COUNT(*) as topicviews FROM ibf_topic_views WHERE views_tid=39283

This is not a problem with IP.Board but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

I got it when I was posting both of these threads on both IE and Firefox. The duplication is coming from the fact the post is being uploaded and you trying to repost it again, thus making a duplicate post. It sounds like something on our end.

Looking into the issue. Any other members getting error messages or finding bugs?

Also is this the error you got?

I got it when I was posting both of these threads on both IE and Firefox. The duplication is coming from the fact the post is being uploaded and you trying to repost it again, thus making a duplicate post. It sounds like something on our end.

That's exactly the message I got. Plus the inability to delete posts, but was able to edit them. Thanks.

I too got an error message while posting a reply in the Four Loko thread. Now my reply is posted twice and it does not delete the post when it says it is.

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention. It is currently being investigated and will hopefully be corrected quickly.

I too got an error message while posting a reply in the Four Loko thread. Now my reply is posted twice and it does not delete the post when it says it is.

got it too

These issues should now be resolved. If those affected could check and advise, it would be appreciated. (make test post in this thread if you wish)

Board wont update as to posts since the start to the end of the technical problems. I.E. posts made in threads dont show up as being made on the main page but are up to date in the thread itself.

Board wont update as to posts since the start to the end of the technical problems. I.E. posts made in threads dont show up as being made on the main page but are up to date in the thread itself.

Working on this issue....

Seems to be all fixed! Thanks for the prompt response and resolution admins, etc...AS ALWAYS!

still can't delete repeat posts from this morning. Posts #33 thru #36 in Protection From the Past.

still can't delete repeat posts from this morning. Posts #33 thru #36 in Protection From the Past.

I went ahead and manually deleted those posts.

What error message did it give you while trying to do so?

A software error is also being investigated regarding potentially incorrect dates for events listed in the calendar highlights viewed on the forum home page.

Please check the events calendar itself for individual event information.

no error message, just wouldn't go to the "reason for delete"

Still? If you want to make a test post and then try and delete it in thids thread for me please. :-)