Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Croton FD New Chief's Vehicle

14 posts in this topic

The Croton-on-Hudson Volunteer Fire Department recently took delivery of a new Chief's response / command vehicle, a 2010 Ford Expedition, replacing a 2000 Ford Explorer, assigned to Car 2082. The new unit was put into service on Wednesday, November 10, 2010.

All warning lights and siren were installed at the dealer, Warnock Fleet, as well as the Havis-Shield equipment console in the front of the vehicle and the Truckvault storage unit in the rear. All lettering and graphics were done by McCaffrey Signs in Peekskill, the radios and portable radio chargers installed at Metrocom in Bedford Hills, and additional work and installations done at the Croton DPW shops.

Some of the vehicle features include:

- Whelen LED Liberty Lightbar

- Six-Head Whelen Dominator on Go-Rhino Push Bumper

- Two Whelen 500 Series Linear LEDs on side of Go-Rhino Push Bumper

- Two Whelen LIN3 LEDs mounted on both side running boards

- Whelen Dominator Traffic Advisor mounted on roof above rear hatch

- Two Whelen LIN3 LEDs mounted on rear license plate bracket

- Six Whelen Vertex Hide-A-Way LED lights

- Whelen Cencom Gold siren and control unit

- Motorola XTS2500 Trunking radio

- Kenwood TK-690 Low Band VHF Radio

- Kenwood TK-790/890 Dual-Band UHF/VHF Radio

- Unity LED Spotlight

On behalf of the Croton-on-Hudson Volunteer Fire Department, we thank all of those involved in helping us build a safe, reliable and functional response / command vehicle.

post-34-0-29654400-1289690829.jpg

post-34-0-82167300-1289690835.jpg

post-34-0-45909800-1289690842.jpg

post-34-0-14089700-1289690848.jpg

post-34-0-36607600-1289690854.jpg

post-34-0-79478000-1289690861.jpg

Edited by Remember585
JBJ1202 likes this

Nice to see 2082 in a new set of wheels, good luck with it chief!

Chief, thanks for sharing the pics. Great looking ride, simple, yet practical.

This may seem like a silly question, but; what is that "box" to the right of the radio heads in the cargo area? Is it for a knox box system?

Again, great looking command vehicle and best of luck with it.

Chief, thanks for sharing the pics. Great looking ride, simple, yet practical.

This may seem like a silly question, but; what is that "box" to the right of the radio heads in the cargo area? Is it for a knox box system?

Again, great looking command vehicle and best of luck with it.

Mike that looks like the knox box system but it is to hid the krispy cream donuts for when John goes on the midnight jobs. lol jk Chief

It does look good tho Chief, GOOD LUCK

Yes the box with the BLUE strobe on it is the knox box. Which CFD has equipped every piece of aparatus with. Hopefully the program will take off which further allows quicker access at incidents.

Yes the box with the BLUE strobe on it is the knox box. Which CFD has equipped every piece of aparatus with. Hopefully the program will take off which further allows quicker access at incidents.

I love the new Knox Boxes! Just have to punch in your "code" and the key is unlocked. No more calling dispatch to have the tones sent over the air.

Also are there any shots how the radio console is set up? The Chief's buggy looks like is set up nice and neat and not over done.

I love the new Knox Boxes! Just have to punch in your "code" and the key is unlocked. No more calling dispatch to have the tones sent over the air.

Its not new, its actually older than the radio system, and less accountability.

Really good looking Chiefs truck. best of luck with it.

Nice truck and nicely put together!

The Croton-on-Hudson Volunteer Fire Department recently took delivery of a new Chief's response / command vehicle, a 2010 Ford Expedition, replacing a 2000 Ford Explorer, assigned to Car 2082.

Just for reference...

post-11-0-86192900-1289772403.jpg

Thanks everyone. I'll try and answer your questions...

1. Last I heard it may become the Dog Catcher's car.

2. Yup, older style Knox Box, does not require radio activation. Less accountability, but more reliable then radio (we have many issues opening boxes for units around the county at work).

3. I tried getting a pic of the radios in the front, but it was too dark. I'll try again.

Thanks everyone. I'll try and answer your questions...

1. Last I heard it may become the Dog Catcher's car.

2. Yup, older style Knox Box, does not require radio activation. Less accountability, but more reliable then radio (we have many issues opening boxes for units around the county at work).

3. I tried getting a pic of the radios in the front, but it was too dark. I'll try again.

Great pics! The real beauty of this truck is shown when she is lit up! :D

Since when has Croton had a Dog Catcher, or any sort of Animal Control? I was under the impression that PD handled animal issues.