Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdm911

Firefighter's Salary

11 posts in this topic

The general public will never understand that these numbers come from hours and hours of overtime.

Poughkeepsie Journal Article: Fire districts lead public pay with average $92,000 per year.

Firefighters in the Arlington, LaGrange and Fairview fire districts are the highest-paid workers among nearly 11,000 employees in 108 local governments and authorities, averaging gross pay of $92,353 in fiscal year 2010.

Link: Poughkeepsie Journal

I never realized the Lagrange Fire District responded to over 17,000 calls a year with only 22 employees! I don't know how DC911 can keep up.

Hey POJO if your going to write an article criticizing departments, get your facts correct!

I never realized the Lagrange Fire District responded to over 17,000 calls a year with only 22 employees! I don't know how DC911 can keep up.

Hey POJO if your going to write an article criticizing departments, get your facts correct!

Using POJO's figures, thats 46.57 alarms per day or 1.94 alarms per hour.

Must be some tired crews in LaGrange. :)

JetPhoto likes this

I never realized the Lagrange Fire District responded to over 17,000 calls a year with only 22 employees! I don't know how DC911 can keep up. Hey POJO if your going to write an article criticizing departments, get your facts correct!
Using POJO's figures, thats 46.57 alarms per day or 1.94 alarms per hour. Must be some tired crews in LaGrange. :)

Talk about 911 abuse. They have a population of 14,928 almost every person in the district must be calling.

JetPhoto likes this

Rule number one in sensationalism reporting: never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Every time the news has nothing to report they have to make a story. The easiest and quickest targets are public servants. Their salaries, stories of abuse or anything that will tug at the taxpayer bases heart strings are the prime reports. If they got the facts straight it wouldn't be sensational enough to read. Wonder if their salaries are FOILable? ;)

Edited by PEMO3

Pojo's 2nd Fire District story in a week and oh what is next Tuesday (14th)? Didn't we play this same game last year around this time?

There is no way that lagrange runs 17,000 calls a year,

looks like the pojo screwed up its numbers again

I like how people with jobs are the enemy. Just sit on the couch with your hand out and you will be fine.

BFD1054 likes this