Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OoO

FDNY to Bill Motorists Who Crash and Need Aid

42 posts in this topic

Beef up code enforcement. Be more dilligent with building code violations, false alarms, etc. Have companies write violations in their neighborhoods, or the Marshal's office or whomever handles that stuff. I am sure on any given day that the fines that could be assessed could result in several thousand dollars, which might even pay to keep some of these companies open.

Already being done.

Folks take this for what it is the FDNY brass was tasked with comming up with 10s of millions in savings and was searching for anything to avoid closures. In the end I'm not sure it will help.

From Memorymaster on another forum:

Re: NY City to charge motor veh accident

« Reply #47 Today at 10:45 »

All Officers will be required to attend "Accident Investigation" courses" as well as "Accident Reconstruction" courses in order to bill the "driver at fault" under the new plan. In addition, all company chauffeurs will have tape measures and chalk at the ready to assist the Officer. There will be ample overtime in the future for Officers as many of them will be spending days in court for these cases when they go to trial. All other members will be trained in filling out the new electronic "accident scene" call sheet and the proper way of scanning them for billing as EMS has to do with their ACR's. This all must be done quickly to avoid having to send a relocater to your quarters. One can plainly see the Kool-Aid is flowing freely at Metro-Wreck!

Bottom line..... IT's TIME TO MOVE THE HELL OUT OF NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already being done.

Folks take this for what it is the FDNY brass was tasked with comming up with 10s of millions in savings and was searching for anything to avoid closures. In the end I'm not sure it will help.

With all respect Lou, where is your Fire Commissioner, and why isn't he fighting for things like the fifth man, and speaking out against firehouse closures and night time brown-outs? He's got plenty of time in. Did he forget already where he came from? Why do guys, when they get out of the Class A's and put on a suit, suddenly become silent? What's the worst that could happen, Bloombag fires him? Big deal! Some things are worth going down for, like the respect of the entire organization.

I've read there is a ton of OT these days in "special details" like recruiting, and at Metro. Why not eliminate all those special details of OT?

I truly wish you and all the Brothers the best, and wish Bloombag didn't have such a vendetta against the Bravest. What's Napoleon's problem anyway?

The initial proposed plan is to bill each vehicle and let the vehicle owners sort out responsibility. This isn't original to NYC, so good luck moving away from it.

What I love about this, is there's no mention of residents or commuters being exempt. I mention commuters because NYC is unique in that everyone who commutes into the city to work pays a non-resident tax. Allegedly this tax is to pay for all the city services and infrastructure we may potentially use. The abuse of the working class continues!

PS There are Police Departments that are charging for services too.

Edited by ny10570

Does anyone with knowledge of the fine print know if there is a claus releasing off duty MOS or city employees out of this? Will FDNY be billing NYPD and FDNY members in MVA's? Ranking officers? What about fleets and rentals? Just curious.

No policy announced yet. Just the press release announcing the public hearing. I imagine more details will be released then

If the city really wanted to make some money, they should bill for water leaks, stuck elevators (building owners), lock out/food on the stove (when it is determined there is no food on the stove), smoke detector/co detectors with bad batteries, and other non emergencies that people call 911for because they do not want to call a plumber, a lock smith, or another responsible party. Do you think the run numbers would drop then?

The initial proposed plan is to bill each vehicle and let the vehicle owners sort out responsibility. This isn't original to NYC, so good luck moving away from it.

What I love about this, is there's no mention of residents or commuters being exempt. I mention commuters because NYC is unique in that everyone who commutes into the city to work pays a non-resident tax. Allegedly this tax is to pay for all the city services and infrastructure we may potentially use. The abuse of the working class continues!

PS There are Police Departments that are charging for services too.

The income tax for commuters was removed several years ago.

Now of course, all of us in Westchester, Rockland (and other counties I think) pay taxes for MTA .. but that's another story.

Sorry, I wasn't completely accurate. Only us lowly city employees are still required to pay income tax in NYC for daring to commute.

Edited by ny10570

the NYC 1127 tax.. I paid it as well when I was working for NYC..