Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Fairview FD Chief Mauro Set To Retire

8 posts in this topic

According to Fairview FD's Official Facebook page, Chief Robert Mauro is set to retire on January 31st, 2011. He's been serving as a career firefighter in Fairview for 46 years, and has been Chief since 1977.

The department and district has seen a lot of growth and positive change during his tenure. Congrats to Chief Mauro on his long deserved retirement!

Wow, how time flies. I remember when Bob became the Chief succeeding Acting Chief Young. I hope he enjoys his retirement for many years; he's definitely earned it.

Chief Mauro is a class act and i personally witnessed it about 11 years ago.He went out of his way for me and i have him to thank for how my career has gone.He dedicated his life to the fire service and will be missed. ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT CHIEF YOU DESERVE IT!

Newtofire likes this

This explains why we have been getting so much snow! Just kidding Bob, enjoy the retirement.

Chief Mauro allowed me to do my High School internship at the Fairview FD back in 1996, an experience I am forever grateful for. I wish the good Chief the best of luck in retirement, and I am willing to bet that even retired, he will still show up at fire scenes in the greater Fairview area.

x635 likes this