Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

How's This for EMD? Lady Calls 911 To Report Faulty Burger

24 posts in this topic

It takes all kinds. One hell of an abuse of the E911 system! #-o #-o #-o

Some people just defy the laws of stupidity...

unbelievable, good for the dispatcher telling her she isnt going to enforce how to make a burger.

dont they have burger enforcement unit :D:D:D:D one of the many abuses to 911

That isn't an abuse of the 911 system. It's child abuse! Having those kids in the care of a complete idiot! We're doomed.....

OH man...I haven't laughed that hard in a while....thanks guys.

"What are we protecting you from? A bad cheesburger???"

I give that 911 operator a lot of credit. She was very patient with that EDP. :roll:

Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. Sadly, in this case, she called 911 and abused the sole purpose of the 911 system just so that she could vent her frustrations. Her actions, honestly should be criminal because if there were a legitimate emergency transpiring at the same time, her BS call is in the way and may have possibly interfered with its response.

I wish they had a summons that they could charge her with. Is there such a thing as charging someone with "abuse of the 911 system"?

For those Westchester County Dispatchers who have had the pleasure, that sounds a lot like a younger west-coast version of our good friend Rosanna!!!! The lady in the tape complains about BK, Rosanna about Verizon and the PD Commisioners.

On another note, I'd love to know how this kind of stuff gets released to the public like this. Maybe the dispatch center released it to the media? Or if this is even real, or just a spoof???

Dispatcher: "Is It A Harmful Cheeseburger Or Something?"....LMAO!

Actually, based on the face of the story, there is no summons they can charge the caller with. However, if there was another emergency that was taking place at the same time, and this faulty burger call was affecting the legitmate emergency's response, then they could charge the burger caller with reckless endangerment.

I really wish abusing the 911 system was a criminal charge. Just last week, I had a woman call 911 and state that she wasn't feeling well. When I got on scene, she stated that she really called 911 because she couldn't sleep the night before. It's people like this that I wish there were a book called "911 for Dummies."

skeet skeet!

The dispatcher must have fell on the floor after that call from laughter. She almost broke out during that call. PDT_Armataz_04

Come to work with me sometime folks, I will show you abuse of the 911 system.

I was wondering about something, at 27 seconds you hear a click, is it possible she put the caller on speaker phone? Maybe X635 or one of the other 6's could tell me if that is possible.

On another note, I'd love to know how this kind of stuff gets released to the public like this. Maybe the dispatch center released it to the media? Or if this is even real, or just a spoof???

Tapes are public information. They get pulled all the time for investigations, hooking people up, etc. This one was probably too good to pass up and they released it to the press. In all fairness, it's good that they did. It kind of shines a light on the BS us dispatcher types have to deal with on a regular basis.

Ya know, if a bunch of dispatcher types got together, ya could write a book on some of this stuff and it would be a best seller!

Believe me, there are a few of us out there considering it.

Believe me, there are a few of us out there considering it.
GO FOR IT!!!!!!! I'll be the first on line to buy a few copies!!!!!!!

Come on guys she really NEEDED a Western BBQ Burger. I mean i am sure i couldn't wait for one of those either. :roll:

Dispatcher: mam, you need to go in there an act like an adult....

Caller: Well shes not acting like an adult herself!

Classic :D she is just one of those bleach blonde beach girls. why didn't she send one of her kids who was in Tai Kwon Do to go regulate the manager.

i could tell a few good ones from over here in sydney australia,probly not much different than what you guys get over there ie calling 000(australias 911) and asking for a fire truck to come around and help fill up there empty swiming pool or calling000(911)and asking if we could ring a taxi for them because they have a phone block on ther phone and only outgoing number they can call is 000(911)after 6 years of working in comms i have heard some classics,some of the dispatchers here have made tapes of some of the strange calls they have recieved. 8)

This call happend here in NY gotto WPDH.com thats where it was first played about two weeks ago on air. I think it happend in Fishkill not sure i dont remeber. funnist call i had was whent there was an attempted bank robbery in thornwood. I picked up the 911 line and the guy on the other end stated he lived in chappaqua and that the county police helicopter was flying over his horses and spooking them that if the police will keep the helicotper from flying there. I told him sir is there an emeregency right now at your home and he siad no so i gave him the none emergcny line (big mistake LOL) and hang up. He calls back in like 30 seconds and goes on and on how hte helicopter wont let his horses be. so finally i tell him look get me the cordnites of your home and i will take care of it he goes umm ok and hanges up havent heard form him yet so guess he never got them