Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Live Fire/Sprinkler Demonstration-PHOTOS

11 posts in this topic

This afternoon Islamorada Fire Rescue/IAFF Local 4374 members performed a live fire demonstration/fire sprinkler effectiveness demo. The event took place at the well attended Nautical Flea Market in Founders Park which is the location of Station 21, their easternmost of three firehouses.

The members constructed these identical modules using frame construction, and furnished them with items donated by The Habitat For Humanity.

Captain Geo(Joe) Toth got the show started with a Stop-Drop-Roll for the children, and talked with the public about the importance of EDITH.

IFR firefighters ready themselves for the demonstration. Officers used a P.A. system to ensure the crowd easily heard all the information they were providing. All of these firefighters are also paramedics.

Houston, we have ignition....

1 3/4" in place. The members had this attack line, and a back-up line each manned with two firefighters and an officer.

I was taking the photographs, but I was also looking around at peoples' reactions, and should have gotten a few shots of them. Most sat or stood with the same look on their faces; mouths open, blank look, in shock.

The effort the Brothers put in to this project from construction through demonstration was outstanding. They passed out questionnaires at the conclusion, five or six quick questions with a circle 1 thru 5 for the answer format. And we got to keep the pens. Public relations 101; do it right and keep your department out there in a positive light, especially these days with all the crazy attacks on the job from coast to coast.

Lest I forget our Brothers In Blue, I leave you with this.....and yes they DO take transfers. B)

PEMO3, BFD1054 and FDNY 10-75 like this

Umm......any questions from the B.O.F.C.? :rolleyes:

Edited by efdcapt115