Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

Bellmore (LI) EMT Shot

12 posts in this topic

I hope he is OK.

Always remember SCENE SAFETY FIRST

I also hope this MOS is going to be okay. This just goes to show that we must ALWAYS expect the unexpected. The word routine has absolutley no place in emergency services. We must always look at the big picture (sizeup).

The Daily News didn't have much in the way of his injuries, it just stated that he is expected to survive. I hope he is doing well and has a speedy recovery. Apparently the shooter won't be taking shots at anyone else since the PD put him out of our misery. Thanks NCPD.

Cogs

The article says he was a firefighter, not EMT, although it may have been updated since posted. The Post usually doesn't have the correct info the first time around, haha.

Either way best of luck to him on fast recovery.

This is something we all need to have in the back of our minds when approaching any incident. With what goes on today you never never know so do not take it for granted that anything is routine anymore.

Just remember this, especially for the volunteers. You are there to help, when you get hurt and can not work, who is going to pay your bills? Make sure that you are protected either through AFLAC, Combined life, or through VFIS, if you don't know what you are guaranteed ask! Cause the volunteer fire dept is not going to pay your loans and bills.

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

STAY SAFE!