Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afd65

Baseball '05

30 posts in this topic

Who does everyone think is goin to win it this year? who is goin to be the biggest flop team this year?

Who does everyone think is goin to win it this year?  who is goin to be the biggest flop team this year?

Red Sox will win again, Yankees will be the biggest flop. :poke:

yup x635 I think you bumped your head again...

Going all the Way......the New New York Mets

Going No Way.........Yankees

Yeah, You can say I hit my head also but all I can say is "Ya Gotta Believe"

Easy EJS so far it looks like the same old mets . BLOWING a two run lead in the 9th

Yeah. I thinks the Yankees' glory is waning and they should let someone else grab the spotlight. I feel the Mets goint at least to the Playoffs if not further. Maybe the yankees will, but after last year's disaster, they should just take the season off.

I must agree with EJS on this one. The Mets are going to turn alot of heads this year. LETS GO METS

EJS

I was believing in the Mets this year after all the off season stuff, and a good spring training. But at the end of the game the other night I just felt it was the same old team..

THIS FROM A DIE HARD YANKEES FAN...who are going all the way after a little hiccup last year....last year was just to lure everyone in to a false sense of confidence......

Just like the Yankees, the Mets are going to have a problem with the pen blowing up in the later innings. The only reason the Yanks won today was because they had last licks. A chance to save their bullpen. The Mets did not have that chance during their game as they were the visiting team.

However, you have to admit, they played a fantastic game until Looper threw up to loopers.

I have alot of respect for the Yankees,, But this year I feel the Mets are gonna go far... With Benitez, Beltran,, theyre looking very Promising,, Hate to see another year wasted with Boston,,, lol

I don't think either one will go anywhere. Both of them are the epitome of the phrase "Blowing it in the 9th." But alas, I'm a Bronx boy and I have to say that I'll probably root for the Yankees.

I figure the Mets will at least make wild card. Maybe the second round of the playoffs. After that, I dunno. The Yankees will make the playoffs, get all overconfident and then lose to someone like Boston.

The Angels may be the best team in the AL, this coming from a huge Yankee fan. Disappointment: The Red Sox will miss the playoffs unless Schilling wins 25 games. Shocker: Texas Rangers take the wild card. I don't know the NL as well but if Omar can find some relievers the Mets will be a tough out, Pedro has plenty left.

GO YANKS WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO AN UNDEFEATED SEASON 162-0 :twisted: :twisted:

P'ville, Read the post about seat belts. :) I think you must have hit the windshield one too many times. Mariano was on his way to his first blown save of the season when Jeterwon the game.

Mariano was on his way to his first blown save of the season...

Ahh, so I see he's picking up this year where he left off last year.

Just a tidbit but only four teams lost thier home opener this opening day

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Arizona

Houston

Just a tidbit but only four teams lost thier home opener this opening day

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Arizona

Houston

The only team here that surprises me is Houston.

Mariano Rivera may be one of the best closers ever, but the Red Sox definetly have his number. When the hell is Torre going to realize this and use Gordon to close out close games against the Red Sox.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Unbelievable Rivera did it yet again, its a good thing this is a family network I cant say what I really feel

I guess 162=0 is a little out of the question now but it should be a great year. But we should still go all the way again

I happened to find myself with tickets to Tuesdays game, and that had to be the best game I ever saw. I was biting my fingernails down to the bone in the top of the ninth, but, damn! DJ came through once again. As everyone is saying, I think the BoSox do have Mo's #, but also remember he is getting up there in the years. He is 35, and as much as I hate to say, he's getting to that point where his "stuff" aint the same as it used to be. For all my fellow Bomber fans, the new chant to replace "19-18" is "20-90" (86 years away from 2004)!!! =D>

I am a big Yankee Fan. I was very surprised to hear the fans boo Mariano Rivera, after blowing yesterdays save. I thing we are forgeting what he has done for this team over the years.

That was like booing Paul O'Neil for being in a slump. Give me a break. [-X

YANKEES ARE GOING TO WIN ANOTHER YEAR 2005 BELONGS TO THE YANKEES

AND WHAT IS WITH THE METS THEY SHOULD JUST GET RID OF THEM AND HAVE ON REAL NEW YORK TEAM YANKEES

Hey the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are tied for FIRST.. Remember this day it may never happen again

BOSTON RED SOXS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

YANKEES all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Sox all the way, and the Mets 0-162. I can only dream

I'm getting disappointed and it's only 5 games into the season.